Harness: Decisions, Decisions.

craigblues

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0AuLggeY2zMmHdDdrdlFQWGwyeFRYcWdPQ0h6YjV0Qnc&usp=sharing

This is a list that I made with the help of Simon as well, hope it helps and the only reason why I'm buying the harness is because its cheap!

Hi. jack, I have just had a look at your spreadsheet and you are about £10 out on the helmet with us? Should be £10 cheaper mate. Haven't really checked the rest.

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

I've got a sequoia and only been doing it a little while! Great piece of kit! And not ridiculously over priced at the moment! The clips are sound, the story must have been someone who was too silly to realise you need to clip them together when you climb :S

Tbh a lot of the kit is how it feels with you, after 10 months or so I know a lot of people in the industry are sheep and just follow what everyone else says us best!

Hope you chose well dude ;)

personally own the sequoia srt only has leg clips... great harness would definitely recommened

So to begin with I thought just splash out and get a treemotion but after speaking to Simon and reading alot of threads, it maybe too much and too big for me as I'm only a skinny chap.

For the record I don't think skinnyness is a big problem with a treemotion, I've got a a 30'' waist and it's very, very comfortable. Have you seen Mr. Strasser? He isn't a big guy, it's designed as a high end harness and most sh*t hot climbers aren't very big guys either... However it's probably a little pricey if you're just playing...

I used a seqoia for a week and swore I would never touch one again. It caused me so much pain I almost hated tree climbing. It was like getting kicked in the nuts for an entire week...

For the record I don't think skinnyness is a big problem with a treemotion, I've got a a 30'' waist and it's very, very comfortable. Have you seen Mr. Strasser? He isn't a big guy, it's designed as a high end harness and most sh*t hot climbers aren't very big guys either... However it's probably a little pricey if you're just playing...

I used a seqoia for a week and swore I would never touch one again. It caused me so much pain I almost hated tree climbing. It was like getting kicked in the nuts for an entire week...

each to their own try before you buy.....arb shows are good for that. Remember to take time and try all the adjustment in the harness.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0AuLggeY2zMmHdDdrdlFQWGwyeFRYcWdPQ0h6YjV0Qnc&usp=sharing

This is a list that I made with the help of Simon as well, hope it helps and the only reason why I'm buying the harness is because its cheap!

Did you get that idea from Simon! :biggrin:

Well I have ordered a Petzel Sequoia along with tons of other equipment so hopefully it will arrive tomorrow. :thumbup1:

I have a sequoia and one thing that really gets on my nerves is the side ds they are more to the front than the side and can be fiddly to find at times.other than that its a tidy harness once you have made adjustments. Im also running the smallest bridge. Im intrigued by the new tree motion.

More than welcome Craig, it was a pleasure and great to meet you.

It was however a very limited introduction for you unfortunately but better than nothing I guess! :001_smile:

The ARB show is coming up soon, that's only down at Cirencester so just a hop down the m5 for us. I'm going to try to get down this year if I can. If you can wait till then you should get to see everything, and probably get a deal on stuff....

A couple of the lads had Treemotions here the other week. It's a lovely harness, as pointed out brilliant if you hang heavy gear off it and sit in it all day, but rec climbing is more about freedom of movement rather than comfort when suspended in my view, and I reckon the tm feels like overkill. And it's expensive!

The new version might be a possibility though......:001_huh:

Of course, if you can try one and fall in love with it then you know the answer! :biggrin:

Whats wrong with a pen and paper? Seems a complicated spreadsheet to me.

At least you have got some excel skills to fall back on if tree work goes quiet for you. ;)

DUDE! It's GOT to be a spreadsheet :001_tongue: Pen an paper indeed... :001_rolleyes::laugh1: I love a good spreadsheet..... :thumbup: