What do you forestry folks wear in the WET?

Ryan

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Harvester Operator said to me yesterday, "these showers are pretty fierce!", from the air-conned cab, with the radio on. "Aye", says I, zipping up the waterproof! :lol::lol::lol:

ya should off taken his windshield out and let him experience the fierceness lol

I have had to resort to the flexothane jacket on occasion but as said you get wet from the inside out. If the weather ever would get a bit warmer it wont be so much of an issue getting wet. Just thought there might be a wonder jacket that is the best kept secret in logging. Im a keen shooter and wear gear from NewZeland called Swazi. It is the ultimate in waterproof breathable gear but not tough enough for the woods.

I have had to resort to the flexothane jacket on occasion but as said you get wet from the inside out. If the weather ever would get a bit warmer it wont be so much of an issue getting wet. Just thought there might be a wonder jacket that is the best kept secret in logging. Im a keen shooter and wear gear from NewZeland called Swazi. It is the ultimate in waterproof breathable gear but not tough enough for the woods.

There isn't any wonder stuff just wonder prices and fancy names lol I've logged and fallen timber stateside for nearly 30 years and honestly the only thing that waterproof is human skin lol. well my jeans and chaps are but that more due to the oil and crap that impregnated them lol ......wife hates washing em it chokes the washer filter lol.

My advice go with what ya got ppe wise chaps are cheaper and don't be fooled by the names you see advertised like alsaska yukon etc etc as trust me I know a few guys up there and have never seen any of them wearing it lol

There isn't any wonder stuff just wonder prices and fancy names lol I've logged and fallen timber stateside for nearly 30 years and honestly the only thing that waterproof is human skin lol. well my jeans and chaps are but that more due to the oil and crap that impregnated them lol ......wife hates washing em it chokes the washer filter lol.

My advice go with what ya got ppe wise chaps are cheaper and don't be fooled by the names you see advertised like alsaska yukon etc etc as trust me I know a few guys up there and have never seen any of them wearing it lol

That they are but the "village people" look isn't that popular this side of the pond, bring on the blue oyster bar......

I work outdoors all day every day, the best waterproof trousers i have found are army surplus goretex.

Plenty to choose from on ebay, around about £20.

They will fit over your chainsaw trousers, lightweight, waterproof, reasonably tough etc.

Worth a try at £20 anyway.

I work outdoors all day every day, the best waterproof trousers i have found are army surplus goretex.

Plenty to choose from on ebay, around about £20.

They will fit over your chainsaw trousers, lightweight, waterproof, reasonably tough etc.

Worth a try at £20 anyway.

The Royal Navy ones are better if you can get them. :001_smile:

Interesting looking capes they sell.

Use the sleeveless vest on the link, that and neck guard get through most days.

00000029-00.jpg

Fluoroflex Butterfly Cape Lined, Forestry Forestry Wet Weather Clothing - Timberline apparel solutions, advanced wet weather jackets, basic safety gear

You would definetly stand out in the woods wearing one! :001_smile:

Edited by face cord