Firewood for new woodburner in Fakenham

David of Fakenham

Hello

Looking forward to our first year with our newly installed wood burner. We obviously need to source a supply of free or cheap seasoned or unseasoned firewood for next winter and beyond. Looking for about 6 cubic metres in or around Fakenham.

Thanks in anticipation for any help.

David

David, You can get cheap or even free firewood, but you will have to put a bit of work into it. If you befriend some local tree surgeons they might drop off or let you pick up some timber from jobs, that you could cut or split and seasoned your self.

I generally dont give timber away but I do have a few contacts further afield if I need to off load some timber quick to let me finish a job.

It will always help you if you offer a little something, even packet of fags or a few beers.

Cheers,

Robert.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aye, good call Robert.

David, you have now explained yourself much better.

If you are prepared to graft and cut and split gnarly snotty bits yourself, also less well thought of woods like pop, willow and conny, you may well find someone local willing to do business.

Apologies for my earlier sarcasm, but you deserved it on the strength of your first post!

Good luck with it, we are all here to answer further questions as well as rip you to shreds.

Fakenham has good memories for me, used to go there as a nipper when we went on holiday to Wells.

you'll have a long line at your place now lol.......better not reveal your location lol

I wish, I've offered it on here but no ones really close enough to make it worth collecting and many tree surgeons are in the same situation, land rents too expensive to make it a viable option and we're unlikely to get permission to use chain saws in an affluent residential area

I wish, I've offered it on here but no ones really close enough to make it worth collecting and many tree surgeons are in the same situation, land rents too expensive to make it a viable option and we're unlikely to get permission to use chain saws in an affluent residential area

I was funnin with ya buddy.......I see your predicament .....no easy solution

Hi David

I have some seasoned and unseasoned (so unseasoned it is still standing) firewood off of a nature reserve nr Fakenham, you could call me if your are interested. 07761 347973

Regards

Hi Stumpy,how you doin mate,that nature reserve not been the same since they let you loose on it with a chainsaw lol.

If anyone is in the same situation within 25 mile radius of Bolton we do a free collection service using our MB Trac and forwarder.

You could contact your local council or wood trust . I am in Milton Keynes and our parks trust sell 5tn loads for around £230 . All ready for you to cut and split . In my opinion , good value for money . You just need private ground for them to deliver , as wont deliver to roadside .

I now ha e someone who is allowing me to have a load dropped on their horsey field . So now a matter of waiting my turn and keeping the chain sharp :-)

I have also had free stuff from a tree surgeon . It was knarley stuff that was no good to them . But for me was ok to cut up in garden etc .

As with other poster who now does repairs on chainsaws . I have done some family portraits in return for firewood , as I'm a photographer . They were happy and so am I :-)

Cheers Mark

Hi Stumpy,how you doin mate,that nature reserve not been the same since they let you loose on it with a chainsaw lol.

Yeah I know, I helped flatten the place... It's all full of mammals invertebrates and twitchers now... :thumbup1:

I hope you are well.

• 3 weeks later...