When does a person become a "tree surgeon"?

Perkins

I would add that I've done most of the against the grain tree crimes in my time, where there is some reason, even if that reason is just that the boss says so. In this scenario however, thats where I stand. I'd rather have my my self imposed standards intact , than the money for doing a crap reduction on this tree

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would add that I've done most of the against the grain tree crimes in my time, where there is some reason, even if that reason is just that the boss says so. In this scenario however, thats where I stand. I'd rather have my my self imposed standards intact , than the money for doing a crap reduction on this tree

look at it this way, there is much ecological value in the trunks of trees, especialy pollards.

is it really better to lose the niche than do a sub standard reduction that would probably result in new growth for a restoration prune later?

At least if anyone asks you could justify your reasons for it being less than kosher

A point I was about to post too. But not only the times that we have to go aginst the grain but the abilaty to comunicate to your domestic cliants as to why the tree looks as if nothing has been done to it whilst standing next to a full waggon of chip:001_rolleyes: & then get them to part with the £ or sign the job sheet :thumbup1:

The abilaty to do your job the best you can with the best intentions & justification to follow:001_smile:

we are now debating stuff in firewood and this thread, I've forgotten what this thread is about now.

By all means you can have my conscience jobs. I wondered where you were in the northwest.

I thought I'd answered the felling one for this scenario. For felling healthy trees generally my conscience might apply depending on the situation. Its doing client led, bad treework, where there is still some tree left standing that I take a stance on. This might also depend on where the tree is - which I'm sure could be argued is hypocritical.:biggrin:

A point I was about to post too. But not only the times that we have to go aginst the grain but the abilaty to comunicate to your domestic cliants as to why the tree looks as if nothing has been done to it whilst standing next to a full waggon of chip & then get them to part with the £ or sign the job sheet

The abilaty to do your job the best you can with the best intentions & justification to follow

If I got a decorator in and after he had finished the room looked just as it did before he started (even if he had a huge pile of my old wall paper to show me) I would not be happy.:thumbdown:

My customers always want something when they ring me, be it more light, more view or just less tree.:001_rolleyes:

If they can see no difference why would they pay me???:confused1:

I did say "any big jobs" :001_smile:

I normally do big stuff with another local outfit, but I think it might be worth swapping phone numbers, as there's quite often something big, big that rears its ugly head, and makes me shake in me boots. never say never:biggrin:

If I got a decorator in and after he had finished the room looked just as it did before he started (even if he had a huge pile of my old wall paper to show me) I would not be happy.:thumbdown:

My customers always want something when they ring me, be it more light, more view or just less tree.:001_rolleyes:

If they can see no difference why would they pay me???:confused1:

I feel it is in the art in which we perform.

I am more than happy to explane to the cliant that my painting may not differ that much from the origanal but if I could not enlighten them to the sutulties that may not be aparant at first glance along with the truck full of chip next to me then I would be happy enough to swallow my hat & hack a load more off.

Generally I explane the case in hand befor work comences so the shock to the system of a non radicaly topped tree is lessend. 90% of people I thin reduce for are more than happy with a little explanation 'if any needed' with the end result & resulting lessening of adaptive growth.:001_tt2:

You must have some real loppers & toppers to compete with your way?!