Whats you most usefull yard machine?

3dogs

Im looking for a new yard machine but cant decide, whats your most usefull yard machine? I have a tractor for running the splitter but was looking for another machine for moving logs and yard duties etc.:thumbup1:

Cheers Dave

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think loader are the way to go if you have enough work for one.

Our small Kramer is good for most things (except side slopes). They have pretty much any attachment you want and if they don't its easy enough to change the brackets and couplings on something. 4 wheel steer is a wonderful thing aswell. :)

Bobcats are also worth a look as they come with some good forestry attachments and you should be able to get an older one quite cheap now but we had problems with the bearings going on our old one as it was tracked.

what surface is your yard as skid steers are hard on the sufrace if it is not hard if you turning all the time and it not

im not to worried about that, i can surface the yard to suit. Im more torn between which machine will be most flexible, moving timber, loading chip/logs etc. do i buy a machine i can take on jobs such a mini skid steer or a machine thats stops in the yard im ready to buy but cant decide ive even considered a botex trailer to make use of the timber crane:confused1:

Avant type "tool carrier".

Iffen you are prepared to spend.

Only thing they lack is a mechanical PTO

But then with hydraulic motors/hydraulic PTO's now being affordable perhaps not such an odds, much more flexibility with hyd hoses than PTO shafts.

Main attraction is the 1/2 cab for easy access about the yard.