The Can't Sleep Thread

Stephen Blair

It'susually down to stress of some sort. As we age we become more aware of the things we need to do, feel we should do, haven't done, might never do. Our responsibilities grow too. House, family and business. To this end we think about [read worry] stuff whenever we can.

Good sleep hygiene is a start. I read an article on it a while back, probably in readers digest. No tv in the bedroom, no computer in the bedroom, don't read in bed, get into a routine before bed and stick to it.

My wife found a product called Dormeasan in Boots that really helps. It's made from valerian hops. 3 for 2 at the moment. Take up to 30 drops in a glass of water before bed. Don't do more than 30 drops as it gives really funky dreams.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I down load my brain to an organising package on my pc. I am now fully booked for at least 18 months on my generator side and 6 months on the kindling. With the amount of things I have to remember at the moment I would never sleep a wink again but I sleep like a log. I have used a package called time and chaos for 20 years. Its free to down load and is now called chaos free. I dont use the diary part just the white and yellow pages and off course the to do list. I could write it down on a piece of paper but putting it on the pc its on their for good even when deleted it can still be recovered. The list can be printed off and taken out in the van. Its in order of priority and you can change it if required. If the list gets wet or lost just print another. If I did not have another use for a pc I would still have one just to run this package:thumbup1:

Good thread. Had bouts of insomnia ever since self-employment; which is a pain because because good kip is even more important when you're skipper of your own boat. Routine bedTIME seems to help, as early as poss. Last few weeks - get to sleep no problem but awake at 4 and mind starts whirring and have to give up trying to get back to sleep after turning over and over, too hot etc etc... 2 or so hours lost sleep a night adds up and long term has serious consequences.

Sorry, but sleep like a baby. Missus went out last night, didnt hear her come in.

Used to get only 4 hrs a night because of stress, work, money etc not anymore. Your health far more important.

Bit of relaxing exercise before sleep will work wonders, if she up for it.:thumbup1:

I` m the same stephen,,,crash anything from 8.30 onwards and wake up for the 4am lie in bed and think of all the things I need to do today syndrome,,think sod it,,get up and then forget everything,,,lol,,,,cup of coffee and arbtalk,,,,bingo!

That's exactly the same as me!

Sent with my iPhone from me, to you!

My wife found a product called Dormeasan in Boots that really helps. It's made from valerian hops. 3 for 2 at the moment. Take up to 30 drops in a glass of water before bed. Don't do more than 30 drops as it gives really funky dreams.

Fancy trying some of that stuff:lol: I spend many an hour awake with the grey matter on full tilt, usually worse if i've done tons of planning or co-ordination during the day... "a holes" in traffic jams dont do much for my state of mind either, thank goodness i still have enthusiasm at work.:thumbup: