Splitter on eBay

Acg128

True, what's the average ram cycle time on a hydraulic machine? The home made job is 20 seconds.

my wallensteins average cycle time is 7 secs and full cycle is 14 secs , your almost definatly be splitting arb waste , rings etc so il will never have to a full cycle unless it automatically reverses once the lever is released , for 1400 quid you might aswell do another couple of jobs and spend your money on something with a warranty and good after service :thumbup1:

Alright Darren, I'm trying to keep the cost down on a splitter as its not going to be working flat out.. Ill no doubt end up sticking to paying pence to use the farmers corkscrew on the tractor. What made you spend out? Do you sell many logs.. First year it's gone past jan/feb on orders.

my wallensteins average cycle time is 7 secs and full cycle is 14 secs , your almost definatly be splitting arb waste , rings etc so il will never have to a full cycle unless it automatically reverses once the lever is released , for 1400 quid you might aswell do another couple of jobs and spend your money on something with a warranty and good after service :thumbup1:

And if it's for work then a CE mark :thumbup1:

You should prob build a homemade job yourself, I was after a splitter and was disappointed with what was on offer. For £240 on parts i built one thats good value.

The video is on youtube, search 'HOMEMADE HIGH OUTPUT LOG SPLITTER'

since then i have started sourcing bits for a better larger one

Alright Darren, I'm trying to keep the cost down on a splitter as its not going to be working flat out.. Ill no doubt end up sticking to paying pence to use the farmers corkscrew on the tractor. What made you spend out? Do you sell many logs.. First year it's gone past jan/feb on orders.

5 years ago i used an axe and nearly broke everybone in my body tyring to keep up with orders :lol: the year after that i bought a second hand pto hydraulic which was good but i had try and organise it with the farmer and i got busyer and i just wanted to turn up and get on with it , then i had 2 jobs in cross in hand , 1 large sycamore and a massive beach ,the owners kept all the wood but asked the best way to split it so i got thinking , gave a rough idea to them of what it would cost to bring the machine i didnt even have :biggrin:, lol , was around 500 quid i think , got home a thought well i better get one now !

that was a quarter of the machine paid , and over the last couple of years the log sales have gone really well and definatly worth spending out on :thumbup1: ive paid for the machine twice over in going to customers houses to split thier wood , which is something you wont be able to do with a cheapo not legally towable one so for me personally its one of the best bits of kit ive bought :thumbup1: my friend sold his towable one yesterday for 500 notes ! i didnt even know he was selling it i would have got your number otherwise , il check tommorw to make sure its defo gone .:001_smile:

go for a splitter where the knife is moving and the back plate is fixed if you want a single way cut. that way large blocks are easier to break down = increased production.

a horizontal job is best but have it at a height where your back is in a straight position when working. a lazy diesel is economic our first splitter runs off a ford industrial 4550, in a day you can split 27m3 (loose) and she will only use 14L red diesel that costs under £20

thats a medium set up, what volume will you be working?

Edited by Graham w