How often do you lock your chain?

Stereo

i also put my foot on a lite firework one of those mine one it had a 20m safety distance on it exploded under my foot and i managed to survives with out a scratch or a singe hair all my friends well mostly the girls was creaming at the time im quite a lucky person no to get hurt

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i also put my foot on a lite firework one of those mine one it had a 20m safety distance on it exploded under my foot and i managed to survives with out a scratch or a singe hair all my friends well mostly the girls was creaming at the time im quite a lucky person no to get hurt

Numbers please ! :001_smile:

Noone seems to have differentiated between climbers and ground users.

I totally agree with this, I'm much better using the brake in a tree - I think a greater sense of self preservation kicks in.

Maybe I am too old fashioned, or not concerned enough with my own safety on the ground, but it's the way I was taught and has become habit. I'm not saying I never use it (slopes, awkward situations etc as said by others), but I'm certainly not as keen on it as the guys who've done training more recently, and yes I've been refreshed, and yes it did come up during that too.

I still don't understand the problem with putting it on with your right hand (I normally use my left wrist by the way). Putting it on with your right hand = right hand not on throttle = chain not spinning, so what's the problem? :confused1:

Littlerob, are you being serious mate?

I really can't comprehend how the click of a chainbreak can irritate some people so much.

Click, click... What's the big deal? I don't always use it myself I must admit, but if feel the need then I will.

I probably use it a lot more when climbing, but saying that I always ensure my topper has a correctly tensioned chain. A creeping chain caught the tails of my climbing line years ago and even though it wasn't spinning fast it still left a nasty scuff on it.

One thing that does yank my chain, is seeing beginner not using the chainbreak. They are not experienced in how the saw would react if something happened so not using one is just fool hardy. But to say it is the click, click of the actual mechanism that pee's me off it jus plain silly.

There are a hell of a lot of things in life to get wound up by.