Moto GP

Stubby

Well Simo was an enigma wasn't he, his brush with Pedrosa upset and incurred the wrath of the (Spanish) organisers, but pretty much ensured his status as hero with everyone else.

Marquez will be OK unless he has a barge up with Rossi and then the "fans" will turn against him as they do with pretty much anyone who dares question Valentinos supposed greatness.

On the bike thing, I think the Yamaha is still the best all round machine out there at pretty much any track. There might be tracks which suit the Honda better than others but I think they ALL suit the Yamaha.

OMG that was a good race. I feel so bad for Crutchlow but he's really showing where he'll be in two years.

Bradley did really well for his first outing I reckon.

Watching Rossi was like going back five years. Awesome!

What's gonna happen if he starts challenging Lorenzo though. Yamaha have already said they're pushing for Lorenzo, he's no1.

One things for sure, It's going to be exciting this year. I just wish Stoner was still in it (even though he's a ****).

Actually, This year could shape up like the Rossi/Gibernau days.

Lets not forget Michael Laverty at the back, brilliant racing family.

Aye the Laverty boys are sound fellas, reared just down the road from me a bit. Nice to see Michael in a world championship ride at last and I'm quite sure he'll deliver all that can be realistically expected from the machinery he's on.

Aye the Laverty boys are sound fellas, reared just down the road from me a bit. Nice to see Michael in a world championship ride at last and I'm quite sure he'll deliver all that can be realistically expected from the machinery he's on.

Ditto that. He's got some real talent and it would be great to see him grow through Moto GP.

Having said that, my monies on Crutchlow in two years. Until then, Rossi rules!!

Until then, Rossi rules!!

Well sadly you are correct. Thanks to his hyped up profile over the years, for as long as Rossi participates he will be the center of attention, and in my opinion to the detriment of MGP as a class of racing.

It's hard to imagine that any other sportsman could have endured the humiliation of having their true ability exposed over a two year period to the degree that Rossi just has and yet still be arranged back in to a position where he can be at the front again. There were at least half a dozen people more deserving of that factory Yamaha ride than Rossi yet popularity and commercial potential put him on the bike in preference to them.

Even on Sunday we saw a flawless performance from the reigning world champion yet it's barely mentioned. Rossi's dismal performance with Ducati should have been allowed to be his final chapter.

Well sadly you are correct. Thanks to his hyped up profile over the years, for as long as Rossi participates he will be the center of attention, and in my opinion to the detriment of MGP as a class of racing.

It's hard to imagine that any other sportsman could have endured the humiliation of having their true ability exposed over a two year period to the degree that Rossi just has and yet still be arranged back in to a position where he can be at the front again. There were at least half a dozen people more deserving of that factory Yamaha ride than Rossi yet popularity and commercial potential put him on the bike in preference to them.

Even on Sunday we saw a flawless performance from the reigning world champion yet it's barely mentioned. Rossi's dismal performance with Ducati should have been allowed to be his final chapter.

Again you are probably right . Rossi and to an extent Jeremy Burgess were all cocka doodle doo when they went to Ducati saying we can fix it ! but it didn't happen . Made Stonner look even better i recon . It proves the doctor is limited to a certain type of bike ( Yam obviously ) and in the past a 5 cylinder Honda ( when the competition was not so hot ) . It does not take away how good he is when everything is how it suits him though . Lorenzo conversely does not shout about things just gets on with the job in a seamless way and the results speak for him . Consistency is key ( as long as its consistently good ! ) I think he won one a championship one year with mostly second places , one or 2 firsts and thirds and only off the p[odium once due to a dnf I think .

I think Rossi has been the best thing for gp for a long time. If you look at Lorenzo and Stoner: brilliant riders but no charisma or personality. Compare it to snooker and Steve Davies compared to White and Higgins. Davies was a brilliant player but lacking charisma compared to the other two.

Rossi is what the people want and the next one coming through to fill that gap is Marquez now that Simoncelli's gone.