Moto GP

Stubby

I think Rossi has been the best thing for gp for a long time. If you look at Lorenzo and Stoner: brilliant riders but no charisma or personality. Compare it to snooker and Steve Davies compared to White and Higgins. Davies was a brilliant player but lacking charisma compared to the other two.

Rossi is what the people want and the next one coming through to fill that gap is Marquez now that Simoncelli's gone.

Agreed about the charisma thing and Rossi I love it but there was not much clowning around when at Ducati . I stand by my comments about he is good when the bike suits him .

If you look at Lorenzo and Stoner: brilliant riders but no charisma or personality.

Well I suppose you then get into the bigger issue of popularity of the race series. Personally, I could watch Stoner ride a motorcycle all day, on his own. He managed to do things with a bike lap in, lap out, that the rest of us can only dream of, or if we're really lucky may have managed once, and then usually totally by accident.

I don't give a jot for post race celebrations, in fact I thought Stoners quiet reserved but obvious delight within himself was very refreshing and honest. I didn't watch it to determine who had the best personality, I watched it to see phenominal riding ability allied to determination and bravery.

But then, that's me. Increasingly I realise that I simply don't fit in with the modern world so I suppose modern Moto GP is little different.

I stand by my comments about he is good when the bike suits him .

Yes, but to be fair in any given era that statement applies to a number of riders well in to double figures.

The true greats shine when things are difficult, Duke in the early years at Gilera, Hailwood on the 500 Honda, Read on the MV, Lawson on the Honda and then Cagiva, and as it transpires, Stoner on the Ducati, to name but a few.

If you're a Rossi fan you'll simply disregard the past two seasons, if you're simply a fan of GP racing prepared to accept things as proven on track, then you just can't turn a blind eye to how badly it exposed his true abilities.

i do like moto gp but for real racing on proper roads then it has to be the TT

to be able to ride a bike at them speeds on normal roads with wet spots under trees you have to be a very good rider. look forward to see i hope on ITV4 again this year good coverage.

to be able to ride a bike at them speeds on normal roads with wet spots under trees you have to be a very good rider. look forward to see i hope on ITV4 again this year good coverage.

+1:biggrin:

Now were cookin' ! :thumbup:

Don't forget the Irish roads too.

Well I suppose you then get into the bigger issue of popularity of the race series. Personally, I could watch Stoner ride a motorcycle all day, on his own. He managed to do things with a bike lap in, lap out, that the rest of us can only dream of, or if we're really lucky may have managed once, and then usually totally by accident.

I don't give a jot for post race celebrations, in fact I thought Stoners quiet reserved but obvious delight within himself was very refreshing and honest. I didn't watch it to determine who had the best personality, I watched it to see phenominal riding ability allied to determination and bravery.

But then, that's me. Increasingly I realise that I simply don't fit in with the modern world so I suppose modern Moto GP is little different.

I was refering more to its popularity amongst the general public as a spectacle. The rider most people would name apart from Rossi has to be Sheene who popularised the sport in his day.

I was refering more to its popularity amongst the general public as a spectacle. The rider most people would name apart from Rossi has to be Sheene who popularised the sport in his day.

When I got stopped back in the day on my Whatever I was riding at the time the coppers always said , without fail , " who do you think you are , Barry Sheen ? " .......:001_smile: