husky 372

hedgesparrow

read the pros and cons of saws what is a good one and been a lot on the 50cc upwards. now i have a 576xp cracking saw but a brute. working today with a fellow arbtalk member and used his 372. what a saw converted. light. easy to start easy to use. and this is as big as my 576 now i used one that would be the saw of choice not the 576 got a good mind to sell the 576 and get one.

read the pros and cons of saws what is a good one and been a lot on the 50cc upwards. now i have a 576xp cracking saw but a brute. working today with a fellow arbtalk member and used his 372. what a saw converted. light. easy to start easy to use. and this is as big as my 576 now i used one that would be the saw of choice not the 576 got a good mind to sell the 576 and get one.

Good call.

I've only ever used a 576 briefly and just didn't like it. I've had my current 372 for about 10 years now and it's ace. It doesn't get used every day but with a 15" bar on it's a good saw for rough branched hairy softwood or snedding rough hardwoods.

I have a 24" bar and chain on mine and its a great saw for chogging down a spar with, rarely gets used on the floor but if it does I also have and 18" bar and chain for it and then it really flys, it will pull the 24" but you have to keep it super sharpe else the performance goes right out the window.

I did exactly that . Had a 372 , sold it to get a newer 576 . hated it , sold that and got another 372 . then just recently got spud to port it . perfect 70cc saw now !

Thats a nice saw Andy - got a lot of whizz under the top cover now, very fast on a 20" bar:thumbup:

I'm currently running 560 & 372. I'd say that covers 95% of the work we do at the moment and always blown away with how they cope.

I guess like you say, a 550/372 combo maybe better.

Quite ironic though, the 372 is one of the oldest design saws currently available and the 550, one of the newest. Although Stihl have had some amazing saws in the past, they seem to have ditched them all, and replaced them with what?

Seems these days when we are out on site, all the white ones(except the 200's) are left on the shelf.

I guess like you say, a 550/372 combo maybe better.

Quite ironic though, the 372 is one of the oldest design saws currently available

The 550/372 combo does work well, but the 560 will just about do the work of both (excepting big bar work, though mine never has bigger than a 20" anyway).

Was speaking to our local dealer about the new 372 X torq and he said they're not as good as the older, non x torq, ones. I was quite surprised as there'd been plenty of hype about the newer one and I was half fanying one myself.

Reckons they had one come back that even husky couldn't work out hat was wrong with it.

It will be a shame when the 372 finally gets phased out.