Whats the best 60cc saw made in last 10 years

mendiplogs

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For arb work I'd say the 361 - it'll pull a 20" bar all day no probs (as will the 362 to be fair, but that isn't as good a saw). If it's going to spent its life on a 15 - 18" bar in the woods the 560 is unbeatable, but if you want a groundsaw that can also be used up a tree to chog big lumps out you can throw a 24" bar on a 361 and it isn't going to break your balls mauling it about. Cue everyone whining about not putting anything bigger than 15" on a 60cc saw now... The last thing a climber needs is a bigger powerhead than necessary IMO.

I'm in the 560 camp too. If you have not yet had the priviledge of using one, put it on your list of things to do before you die!

HI MARC I THINK the auto tune now is the way give one more year and that saw with all the up date will be a good one but theres a lot of older 560 around that are at the dealer most of the time and for that not right i will not put up with it thanks jon :thumbup:

HI MARC I THINK the auto tune now is the way give one more year and that saw with all the up date will be a good one but theres a lot of older 560 around that are at the dealer most of the time and for that not right i will not put up with it thanks jon :thumbup:

Very true Jon. It is difficult to put this saw in 'best 60cc saw in last 10 yrs' so early in its life. Time will tell if it holds all its early potential. The early signs are very promising however. From reading your posts ti appears you are very much a stihl man Jon?

Very true Jon. It is difficult to put this saw in 'best 60cc saw in last 10 yrs' so early in its life. Time will tell if it holds all its early potential. The early signs are very promising however. From reading your posts ti appears you are very much a stihl man Jon?

HI MARC im a stihl man mate but there one thing stihl will have to come out with a 60cc auto tune and better then a 560xp it may far away yet jon :thumbup:

HI MARC im a stihl man mate but there one thing stihl will have to come out with a 60cc auto tune and better then a 560xp it may far away yet jon :thumbup:

Stihl won't be doing anything like the autotune, the m-tronic has to be adjusted by plugging it in, I did have a discussion with a stihl rep about it, don't seem to be interested what we saw users want, it's what they do or nothing

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App