Red Diesel Price

Commando

I know exactly where you're coming from as I'm always in this dilemma.

My local fuel place offers Red off the pump at 84p including vat, but they actually do me a much better deal as I use so much from them.

It's really handy for me they're open 6 days from 6.00am and I can just collect a few days worth of fuel.

I take my Fuel Cube straight to them for larger jobs and again they're good on the rate for me, but for when I have something like a 20 tonner on hire they will fill a Chieftain twin axle bowser that I simply hire in at a better rate again.

I try my best to store no fuel on site and pretty much have about exactly what I need, safe in the knowledge all cans and tanks are clean plus the diesel fresh.

The cost of buying and locating a decent tank setup would be considerable, and hanging onto the stuff is another matter entirely!

I'd say stick with one supplier and negotiate with them if the monthly amount starts adding up.

Eddie.

HI EDDIE i no small farmers now around me only buy in what they use and get it on a fuel card it to stop the low lifes taking there red dev and then the clean up cost for the insure night mere all round jon :thumbup:

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HI EDDIE i no small farmers now around me only buy in what they use and get it on a fuel card it to stop the low lifes taking there red dev and then the clean up cost for the insure night mere all round jon :thumbup:

It really is a sad state of affairs, but with current prices you don't need much of a raid to negate all the savings a bulk buy could bring.

I have witnessed some shockers in the Plant game, worst being somewhere in the region of 5,000 litres taken from a quarry restoration job I was working on over the weekend.

They had emptied Dozers, Dumptrucks and the whole Bowser filled up on the Friday.

These were professionals on this site, taking the gearbox from the 4x4 Bedford water tanker twice (shouldn't laugh, but the boss jumped in both times and no gears!). Then they had his couple of week old Defender 90 off the job too!

No easy answers and I'd be keen to see a properly setup 4x4 delivery setup that could access sites and do a fill up directly in the field.

Done well it could do away with all the on site fuel/storage hassles, but cost and maintaining a reliable service would be the key?

You can't afford kit standing awaiting fuel.

Eddie.

Just phoned my local rural garage (he actually operates the pump and has time for a yap still!! ha ha), 80p/litre inc, from the pump or 200l barrel. Think i'll stick with jerry cans and support my local trader!! Thanks for the feedback chaps.

Eddie some good advice there mate, thx CDO

I'm not aware of anywhere left that dispenses red from a pump in my neck of the woods.

I'm out of red and the supplier won't deliver for 14 days so if anyone knows where I can turn up with a grab tank in the back of a transit and fill 400 litres I'd be keen to know, anywhere in North Surrey or West Sussex would do.

Bulk deliveries are about 70p/litre at the moment.

i have sent you a pm with a firm with a pump i am paying well was 72p a ltr from the pump into jerry can or can have a 215ltr drum for free with small deposit filled up. HBS Fuels - Hampshire's Fuel Oil and Gas Centre is the firm

Not cheap but convenient, which one is it in Bolney?

I guess it's the garage on the Cowfold Rd just West of the A23 - I used to get mine from there, Now I get it from Littlehampton marina. Usually about 50p litre less than standard diesel.