Am I using the wrong 2stroke oil?

Coletti

thats funny. I've had problems starting my 395XP and my 357XP when using the Stihl red mix. I only use bio/low smoke 2 stroke now. Also, I used to use other people fuel when freelancing and ended up seizing up a 357XP due to a bad mix. Stihl saws are a bit less fussy on the mix, but Husky's can indeed be a problem. My MS201T runs on anything...except Aspen...yet my MS200T loves the stuff!

Hi, change the carb diaphrams and pump piston in your Stihl MS201 and it will run on Aspen

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We use stihl semi sinthetic the green one and mix @ 40:1, got a fs450 clearing saw theys had its brains revved out for the last 5 years and stil a strong machine with good compreshion! Same mix goes in huskys and stihl with no trouble

Had mate with brand new ms660 ran on stihl RED standard oil and siezed up so I dont use it.

any modern sinthetic or semi 2sroke oils will all perform the same

Grao

Using Q8 two stroke oil in a 550xp with no problems as of yet. Think I'll switch to the stihl semi or husky xp next time to be on safe side.

I use " DM Chainsaws " own brand (my local dealer ) in every thing . Never had a problem .

• 2 months later...

Issue came up this weekend. Hire place know I'm a husky man so when I picked up a stihl blower for the day I got lectured on how it must be run on stihl oil. 'Och it'll be fine' didn't cut it and they refused to hire until I bought some stihl oil.

Won't be so honest next time when asked what oil I use!

Dave

Issue came up this weekend. Hire place know I'm a husky man so when I picked up a stihl blower for the day I got lectured on how it must be run on stihl oil. 'Och it'll be fine' didn't cut it and they refused to hire until I bought some stihl oil.

Won't be so honest next time when asked what oil I use!

Dave

If you use the oil they recommend and the blower siezes up whilst you have it, you can hand it back and say "it was your oil mate"

If you use your own.......??

If you use the oil they recommend and the blower siezes up whilst you have it, you can hand it back and say "it was your oil mate"

If you use your own.......??

And they'd believe me? Any hire shop would chase if an engine seized what ever oil used. I'm just surprised that a knowledgeable place would insist on a brand. Maybe it stops inexperienced folk mixing in whatever 5w40 they have in their shed.

I'll end up mixing 5l with stihl oil then using leftovers in husky saws.

Dave

Dave