l200 wright off - what now?

Brett

Just been informed that my L200 warrior has been written off after a fight with an............. ahem! mini cooper.

Good news is I get to choose a new motor but what? tempted by defender but dont seem to get much for around 6k ish.

what would you go for? must be 4x4

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Buy back the warrior and fix it. If its not too written off.

+1 if its not to bad the insurance have said its not worth spending on just have it back let them pay out and have it fixed. or sell it off for spares. so make more money thats all the insurance will do pay out sell it and it will be fixed or stripped for spares

It all depends on what the cat write off is. Selling most of the bits for spares is no worry, just not the chassis or structural parts if memory serves me.

But if its the right category as fixable then you can fix it up, get it tested and away you go. Always worth finding out the buy back value as they normally ask for scrap value.

It all depends on what the cat write off is. Selling most of the bits for spares is no worry, just not the chassis or structural parts if memory serves me.

But if its the right category as fixable then you can fix it up, get it tested and away you go. Always worth finding out the buy back value as they normally ask for scrap value.

That it does, you cant buy cat "B" unless you are registered as a salvage yard.

dont think i want to buy it back, 125k on the clock and pretty serious oil leak had me thinking of a new motor anyhoo,

dont think hilux is an option personally, looked into it when bought l200 and either too old or too expensive, l200 was a bargain at the time in comparison to hilux & navara. don't really like the fordies, not heard great things about them.

thing is i don't really need the motor for every day use so quite like the idea of a defender to use as tractor basically, just for towing mainly when required.