Mit L200 vs Isuzu Dmax?

Twigman

Thanks for the input guys.

D max is the way forward as I thought.

Plus looked into the l200 and the 0% finance deal was a con. Had to front up 50% and then pay back the other half in 12 months. Also quote for the basic model turned out more.

So Isuzu here I come.

Now what colour to choose.....

Isusu's 3.0lt direct injection engine had major major head aches on the trooper!! and was nowhere near asgood as the older 3.1td.

New model l200 have excellent turning circle but older ones like mine comes in tied with a shell oil tanker on the comparison test :)

The new ranger looks very impresive on paper especially the 3.2 tdci with it's 200hp!!! over a 1200kg payload and 3300kg towing is almost 130 ballpark but with refinment and better mpg but again not been around long enough to see if it will hold together.

Come to think of it I have not heard any bad things about the Ford Rangers. Most of the farmers in my area now run them. I am also seeing an increase in hilux badged toyotas but they all look the same to me and all look pants compared to my 1995 4runner.

And what is with all this crappy hero badges "warrior, invincible, indestructible, quicksilver, legend" etc. Or am I just showing my age lol. I would be in cringe mode driving one of those O.o Unless I snedded the badges off with an old chain and put some proper hero scars on the truck :D

rant over and sorry folks.. I blame the coffee and 2 weeks laid up in bed with a brute of a Flu.

Isusu's 3.0lt direct injection engine had major major head aches on the trooper!! and was nowhere near asgood as the older 3.1td.

New model l200 have excellent turning circle but older ones like mine comes in tied with a shell oil tanker on the comparison test :)

The new ranger looks very impresive on paper especially the 3.2 tdci with it's 200hp!!! over a 1200kg payload and 3300kg towing is almost 130 ballpark but with refinment and better mpg but again not been around long enough to see if it will hold together.

That was the 4JX1 engine fitted to the Trooper with CAT designed HEUI fuel system....Now out of production for over 8 years.The new(er) Isuzu common rail diesel is a good engine(as fitted in latest pick ups.

I'm looking between a chevrolet 4x4 (izusu in yank clothing) or l200. Both on 04 plates. Any advice?

And yes, money is tight so limited options. Cheers

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

The 16 valve 3.0l isuzu had problems with cracking between the valves. It is easily identified by looking under the bonnet for a twin cam rather than single (the single cam 8 valve are good [i have one:001_smile:]).

The L200 I rejected because I found it to be too small inside, too greater turning circle, too light on the rear end, cannot tow enough, under powered and too thirsty. They are really lovely to look at though and very light on the controls.

• 3 weeks later...

I've looked at the Dmax too and it seems very good. Worth noting they are doing the Eiger model for about the same price as the standard doublecab at the moment but offer the workpack at a discount, so you get a tow bar, seat covers, rubber mats, load liner and BF Goodrich all terrain tyres for £999.

Looks like an excellent deal. Pickup Trucks direct have a good finance offer as well.