Multiple vehicle insurance

Big J

What do you folks out there with multiple vehicles do for insurance?

I have the crappy Navara and I'm looking to buy a van to do timber deliveries/be a back up work truck when the Nissan is in the garage. My insurance is presently with Lycetts (who are very good by the way) but it's very tricky to add a second vehicle and indeed expensive as apparently you can only have no claims on one vehicle. My insurance renewal is £595 (28yrs old, 3yrs no claims, low excess, anyone over 25 can drive it etc) but looking at quotes for a 56 plate VW LT with no no claims is bringing up quotes of over £800.

Anyone any suggestions to bring this down?

I have 5 vehicles and got quotes for fleet insurance off 5 different companies as 3 were due for renewal I then went to the companies I was with and tried to get multiple insurance, every one ended up being more ( in one case £1000 more) to insure the lot than to do them individually.

Keep us posted if you get a good deal as the other two are due renewal in a couple of month.:001_smile:

I have 5 vehicles and got quotes for fleet insurance off 5 different companies as 3 were due for renewal I then went to the companies I was with and tried to get multiple insurance, every one ended up being more ( in one case £1000 more) to insure the lot than to do them individually.

Keep us posted if you get a good deal as the other two are due renewal in a couple of month.:001_smile:

We have fleet insurance with NFU. They insure all our van's, trailers and road going mowers on one policy... I wouldn't like to think of the headache of insuring them all separatly.....:confused1:

We have fleet insurance with NFU. They insure all our van's, trailers and road going mowers on one policy... I wouldn't like to think of the headache of insuring them all separatly.....:confused1:

NFU were £600 more just for my unimog, the combined insurance off them was a lot more expensive than separately. It's only a mornings work to sort it out so not that much of a headache, plus it saves me plenty so it's a no brainier really. :001_smile:

I'm in the same boat. Trust were 900 for my new l200 just me and £600 for my berlingo anyone over 25 fully comp. Being in the midlands there's a higher risk of a no win no fee claim so I have to pay extra.

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Never been able to get multiple less than individual. Aviva promised it but then said not for commercial

It's a pain

Always wondered what happened if one of the vehicles had a prang/claim. Would that have impacted on the whole policy. Could be a bad thing.

e vans sounds ludicrously cheap. Might give them a go.

e van ins,

can do up to 5 vehicles on same policy ,mines 300 quid for hilux and vivaro van together

Haha! Just did the quote and it was £10075 for the Navara and VW LT! I'm not even high risk - sometimes there is a benefit to speaking to people directly rather than filling in forms online, I reckon.