All Terrain Tyres

G'day Spruce

I had BFG AT ko on my old range rover, amazing tyres but a price. Dump some air out and they're great when the going gets tricky.

Currently have Insa Dakar on my old disco, also a great tyre. Pretty quiet, reasonable road handling, bit lively in the wet, good off road, wearing ok but not as good as bfg.

Dad has general at2 on freelander, cracking tyre, it's unstoppable off road (till it bottoms out) and they're lasting well.

My boss has new general at on his wife's disco 4, excellent wear rate, very quiet on the road and excellent handling considering how good they are off road.

Sorry, that probably doesn't help much!

Money no object I'd have BFG Km2 on the disco..... When I need a full set for the rangey it'll be the new general at....

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I run General grabber at on my Nav. The new pattern, good on road, quiet and have hardly noticed a drop in mpg.

When I have had to pull trucks and chippers out of the sticky never had any problems off road with them.

Probably done about 23 k miles on them and there is still plenty of tread left.

When I picked up my Defender 90 from new I was fully anticipating the almost road pattern General tyres they were fitting at the time.

My plan was to fit either the General Grabber AT2 which I think are superb or try out some Coopers which appear to be gaining in popularity.

Much to my surprise I had the first set of Continental Cross Contact AT into the dealership which looked pretty handy so I thought I'd leave them on.

After 42,000 miles these tyres still look pretty much like new and the performance across a whole range of conditions has been truly remarkable.

They are quite a narrow profile and I'd prefer something a little wider in some applications, but after 3 seasons of hard work they've not let me down and the wear rate seems excellent.

I'd be interested in any Cooper ST reviews?

Eddie.

When I picked up my Defender 90 from new I was fully anticipating the almost road pattern General tyres they were fitting at the time.

My plan was to fit either the General Grabber AT2 which I think are superb or try out some Coopers which appear to be gaining in popularity.

Much to my surprise I had the first set of Continental Cross Contact AT into the dealership which looked pretty handy so I thought I'd leave them on.

After 42,000 miles these tyres still look pretty much like new and the performance across a whole range of conditions has been truly remarkable.

They are quite a narrow profile and I'd prefer something a little wider in some applications, but after 3 seasons of hard work they've not let me down and the wear rate seems excellent.

I'd be interested in any Cooper ST reviews?

Eddie.

We've got Cooper ST on the 110 there a good all round tyre. Not had problems with them. Only problem is you can't get them anymore so will be going over to AT2's when they need changing.

Martin

We've got Cooper ST on the 110 there a good all round tyre. Not had problems with them. Only problem is you can't get them anymore so will be going over to AT2's when they need changing.

Martin

i went to the tyre place the other day re new tyres and they had cooper tyres and i believe they were ST will check my facts but cheaper than the BF. and 4x4 police using them now as a good tyre off and on road. so looking at going down the cooper route when i need a new set if i am correct approx £90 a tyre including fitting. will go to comercial tyre place and do some proper finding out re coopers. be cheaper than place in town with 3 letters

BFGs all the way. I had the old style mud terrains on a Ninety and did 20,000 miles before I sold it - wear was minimal. A friend had BFG ATs on his Jeep and did 65,000miles. My Ranger has its original Michelin LTX ATs on and after 55000 miles the rears are half worn but a front one had worn on the edge due to tracking being out. I have been advised to put the spare (which is new) on the rear along with another new one and put the rears on the front and get the tracking sorted. Trouble is Michelin dont make the tyre now!

This sites very good

Search Results - 4x4 Tyres

and helpful on telephone.

I have had coopers before alot of tire fitters call them 50 pence pieces because they often go out of shape before they wear out. They are made by avon and they are known for it. Sure enough mine went out of shape. My BFG went out of shape after 80,000 miles and 8 years I have bought a new set :biggrin: