Day rate for man + chipper?

TimberCutterDartmoor

you can not go out for £140 a day!use ur chipper keep it greased up nd looked after it then evrythin will b ok i send my unimog out we tp200 for £35-£45 per hour(depends wot is goin on with the chip) with operator and that can get throw a hell of alot in a day you just can not keep up with it!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did some chiping like that with the waterboard last Jan' -6weeks at £500 a day an we bloody earned it too- 9" tracked machine an sh@t loads of willow, never again-job site lookd nice when finishd tho ( two men-allegedly.....)

K

You did a bloody good job Khris and I can vouch for that, the other bloke with you wasn't up to much.

Back in the 90's we were supplying 6" chippers and 1 operator for the M1 link up in yorks /lancs just for chipping hedges that were coming out.We charged £150 day for chipper and £85 day for operator at 1 point we had over 30 machines and men per day out there (every body with a chipper within 50miles lol) and it lasted for over 6 weeks. The contractor then put 4 brash rats at £40/day with each machine,that how they made it work. One man feeding a chipper is U/S especially for hrs.

Now the Mog & 10" chipper and 2 men go out at £450 day. Like someone else said,just because your gears paid for,don't sell your self cheap. With your set up £250-£280 seems about right.

I cant beleive how cheap some of you guys are, I charge £180 for the first hour and £65 per hour after that. Up to a maximum of £550 in a day. thats for 2 men 2 vehicles an 8" towed chipper and haulage of the chip ( one vehicle is filled while the other tips off ).

£140 a day is crazy talk.:ohmy:

around here (lowestoft suffolk) you would never get the sort of money you guys are talking about to your average domestic job,we used to charge 160 a day for a six hour day with a TW150 and 200 for the 9in crammer.But we got rid of both chippers now because we were always under cut,some peeps around here were charging less than a ton!!!!!!!!!!! if we trusted them we would sub em just to get em out of loop.

yes but the people saying £140 is cheap...

remember it was only a small tw chipper and not the 150 or 190....

the was no large vehicals >>>>unimogs etc etc................

only one man doodleing along at own pace and the chip was left on site ......

as said before>>>> if unimogs or 150-190s where used then it would of been a better price :001_tongue: