Day rate for man + chipper?

TimberCutterDartmoor

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I was hiring the same machine from my dealer it would go something like this:

1) Tracked Chipper £120 per day (not sure of weekly rate)

2) Fuel for chipper £20 per day?

3) Travel £20 per day.

4) My time £140 ish per day.

Thus £300 before you know it...:001_smile:

I could hire a chipper for a little cheaper but it would be a tired one... And I have my own!

Edited by TimberCutterDartmoor
pound symbols missing from my keyboard - anyone know how to fix?!

If I was hiring the same machine from my dealer it would go something like this:

1) Chipper 120 per day (not sure of weekly rate)

2) Fuel for chipper 20 per day?

3) Travel 20 per day.

4) My time 140 ish per day.

Thus 300 before you know it...:001_smile:

my quote

my chipper tw18/100g cost £0 paid for itself 3x

fuel chipper cost £15

travel cost £10

pocket £115 for 6.5 hours

plus kept logs (to be sold)

not bad for 1 man and small machine.. remember they where local

my quote

my chipper tw18/100g cost £0 paid for itself 3x

if your chipper has cost you nothing that should be your advantage not your customers. the same with removing waste from site, just cos you dont have to pay to dump at your yard doesnt mean your customer shouldnt have to pay extra for removal of waste.

1) Tracked Chipper £120 per day (not sure of weekly rate)

2) Fuel for chipper £20 per day?

3) Travel £20 per day.

4) My time £140 ish per day.

Thus £300 before you know it...:001_smile:

I could hire a chipper for a little cheaper but it would be a tired one... And I have my own!

need to goto control panel then REGIONAL AND LANGUAGE OPTIONS click the box and change to ENGLISH(united kingdom)

your keyboard has gone american just need to change the setting your pound sign is prob on the @ key and vice versa

Edited by niftysteve

need to goto control panel then REGIONAL AND LANGUAGE OPTIONS click the box and change to ENGLISH(united kingdom)

your keyboard has gone american just need to change the setting your pound sign is prob on the @ key and vice versa

Nope still doesn't work! I have to press " to get @ and vice versa but the pound symbol gets a #... pain in the bum... looked everywhere for it.

mine is the same mate thats why i call everything quid:001_smile:

I tried downloading some keyboard remapping software but it made it even worse!

Hey SWB, I'm looking forward to the coming grass season and maybe not so looking forward to shelling out 3.5k on a new mower - going for a 20" Dennis / Ransomes I think.

I tried downloading some keyboard remapping software but it made it even worse!

Hey SWB, I'm looking forward to the coming grass season and maybe not so looking forward to shelling out 3.5k on a new mower - going for a 20" Dennis / Ransomes I think.

wow, 3.5k for a mower. thats a lot of candy. we used ransommes aswell years ago, dont know what models they were though. i do miss cutting grass on a sunny day with my shorts on, no big heavy trousers and helmet. i remember my first day in the woods when it was about 80 degrees with those big heavy chainsaw wellies on, i thought i was going to die with exhaustion

wow, 3.5k for a mower. thats a lot of candy. we used ransommes aswell years ago, dont know what models they were though. i do miss cutting grass on a sunny day with my shorts on, no big heavy trousers and helmet. i remember my first day in the woods when it was about 80 degrees with those big heavy chainsaw wellies on, i thought i was going to die with exhaustion

Yes, I was considering a Lawnflite Pro machine at a third of the price but the bods on pitchcare.com swerved me off it! Anticipating the first smell of the first cut this year, maybe in a few weeks ish (down here). Fabulous smell, if I was Forest Gump I'd "cut that grass for free" too:001_smile: It's all good because at the end of the summer I really look forward to forestry and trees and then in the spring, thinking of grass again.