Clearing brambles with chainsaw

Stereo

Will that work on a steep slope? It's about 1 in 6 I would guess. Plus lots of rabbit holes under the scrub and also old pheasant pen bits (pipes, drinkers, garage doors etc.).

I think I need to call in an airstrike. Maybe should just hire a digger and drag the whole lot out into the field.

I cut bracken on a 1/2 acre paddock which is somewhere between 30 & 45 degrees, but it's bloody hard work turning on slopes like that.

Its also hard work with bumps & big stones etc., but if the surface is reasonably flat (or "plane" if on a slope), it's easy.

If you can get a digger onto the site then obviously that's the quickest though.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what about goats? give them a couple of weeks.

That's a bloody good idea. The pheasant pen fence is all intact, right? And plenty high enough to contain a goat.

All depends upon whether you need to be seen to be doing something to get payment, or if it's more a volunteer thing. Goat is low effort if the fence is there.

Goats and pigs have been discussed. Pigs would apparently push all the earth downhill which I imagine is correct. Goats apparently love bramble . Problem is that the pen is full of DED elm and a lot of it has fallen on the fence (which could be repaired once cleared) and also some nasty hangers in other, half dead elms. So I would worry about trees falling on them. Also there is a lot of junk like rusty feeders, garage door shelters, pipes etc. which might injure an animal.

The plan is to get all the wood out for firewood and fell any bigger elms, then fix up the fence and use it for chickens in the short term. Problem is fighting through to the fallen and standing trees. After that, a couple months of goat action may be just the ticket.

IMO very dangerous, get one ot these for your brushcutter. They are fantastic for brambles

MULCHING BRUSHCUTTER BLADE 300Mm 25.4Mm (Special Offer) - Strimmer/Brushcutter Accessories Online Oregon Brushcutter Blades Buy UK

we use the tri blade as it is supper effictive

PS: Ordered a mulching blade above as well. Will give that a go on the thick brambles.

Mulching blade on the brushcutter for me, they do a pretty good job on the brambles.

Those mulching blades are the bomb, next best thing to napalm!!!!!

yep mulching blade and a big patch of knarley bramble along with my mp3 ear defenders and iam as happy as a pig in poo!

That's the kiddy. The wavy one, not the flat tri-blade. I'm too old for doing large areas that way any more so resort to this these days...

597663ff02c82_0703201318411.jpg.900da5538b6194941290897285ea9857.jpg