Does anyone run an AVANT loader? Opinions please

farmer_ben

Im looking at an Avant mini loader for my firewood business and for jobs around the farm.

Would appreciate other owners opinions. I was originally looking at a skidsteer but I think an Avant would be more desirable to hire out if I was to buy one.

Thanks

Friend of mine is a dealer, they use it for pretty much everything, has quite a large range of attachments too, if you buy one recommend you get a bigger one, rather than a smaller one

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Demo'd one. All the attachments look cool but they are mega bucks. Most of the attachments are other brands with Avant brackets and green paint. All the attachment types are available for other carriers anyway.

They don't feel very stable at all, it was right on the edge with a full bucket of soil and a slight hill with bumps. It was the largest of the 500 series I tried (535?)

If it was my money and on concrete, I'd want a medium sized skidsteer. A medium tracked skidsteer may come in at slightly more than the Avant but would piss all over it in terms of offroad capability, lift capacity, stability etc. I ended up with a mini digger and attachments instead, but that's another story! A tracked mini loader is tempting.

In short, demo before you buy, and don't be sucked in by the attachments- they're not exclusive and are very expensive for what they are.

They do feel unstable but they take a lot more than you think they would, I keep thinking mine will tip when in reality it's nowhere near. I have the wheels full of water for extra stability

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXhirZqX8WE]Avant's stability - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqj8Wxcfj88]Avant 220 Stability Demo - YouTube[/ame]

Excellent machines got two 750 and 635, both very different. If you can go for the bigger one. I have ten different attachments from movers flail buckets log grab auger and rotavator. We uses them on the farm and on the hire fleet every day. Avant techno are based near you.

I have the CSF, very similar machine. If tipping is an issue you can fit wider or dual wheels, but as Dean says if often feels tippy but in reality you are nowhere near tipping over.

In terms of value for money on a farm a tractor with front loader is probably better, pto attachments are cheaper than hydraulic ones.

I like my machine because its narrow, and can fit on my lorry sideways, so I can get a bay of 10' lengths and the machine on.

IMG_0551.jpg.f675e09d78db1ba36ceebae7ada22bdc.jpg

I don't own one but have used all from the 200 series to the 700 series, well except the skid steer range

Some will discount the 200 series because on paper or only lifts 350kg whereas the big ones lift over a ton blah blah, it's a cracking little machine, like a gokart to drive grass tyres are crap though, and it does need the counterweights on the back. Feels very simple, as it is!

The bigger ones especially the 700 series feel like a well engineered machine, the only let down is the lifting arm is a single arm, set off center, I think this is unique o Avants, my girlfriends lifted too heavy a lift, twisted the lifting arm out of its bearings, but that was probably operator error!

You have to be doing something pretty bloody stupid to tip one tbh, An owner operator would prob never tip one

Telescopic boom is ace

Muck grab is most usefull, log grab rotator is only good for the larger machines as its a hefty lump

Avants are easy o operate, electronic joystick for the loader is awesome compared to multiple leavers-you can lift, boom in/out, grab and tilt all with one hand