560 XP is it just me?

Hodge

Why would anybody buy a saw that is auto tune? Thats bound to cause problems.

I can see where you're coming from and before I tried one I was exactly the same way of thinking. Took a 560 on demo for a week and was convinced within the first 5 minutes that it was the way forward. The way it put down power was just nuts.

I ordered my 550 off the back of the demo and haven't had need to take it back for anything as yet - it's now 13months old.

I have a 15" bar at the minute but thinking of getting an 18" maybe 20". As it has the power to take up to a 24". :thumbup:

Even if you can find a 24" bar to phsically fit on a 357, I think you'd be fairly disappointed in it's performance.

18" on a 357 is as big as I'd want to go, IME. I'd tend to be running a 15" on it, with the 18" occasionally. The 372 would be my go to 18-20" saw but mine tends to live with a 15" and a bigger sprocket. I've never tried a 24" on it but on the whole I'd be reaching for a bigger saw again by then.

I'm sure others might disagree, it all depends on what you do with them mostly and how patient you are I suppose.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can see where you're coming from and before I tried one I was exactly the same way of thinking. Took a 560 on demo for a week and was convinced within the first 5 minutes that it was the way forward. The way it put down power was just nuts.

I ordered my 550 off the back of the demo and haven't had need to take it back for anything as yet - it's now 13months old.

Even if you can find a 24" bar to phsically fit on a 357, I think you'd be fairly disappointed in it's performance.

18" on a 357 is as big as I'd want to go, IME. I'd tend to be running a 15" on it, with the 18" occasionally. The 372 would be my go to 18-20" saw but mine tends to live with a 15" and a bigger sprocket. I've never tried a 24" on it but on the whole I'd be reaching for a bigger saw again by then.

I'm sure others might disagree, it all depends on what you do with them mostly and how patient you are I suppose.

I cut up a nice ash the other week it was 40" at the bottom maybe a bit bigger, I used the 395 XP with 36" bar and felled it, then to try the 372 with 28" for a laugh, logged it up and I was supprised how well it ran the 28" normaly I would only run a 24" on it.

Sent from Hodge's eye phone using the new fancy Arbtalk Mobile App:)

Hi all, I have had a 560 XP since November 2011, so its one of the first. It was ok but had its fair share of problems which eventually got sorted out by Husky. I like the saw when running right but this last week it has really peed me off. Starting when hot is a right pain, having to pump the bubble 10 times before each start even when hot?? Having to press the decomp button every time you pull even though it doesn't fire it pops out. I got so fed up this week that I got my 346 XP out and used that, no problems, starts every time. I'm just not happy with the 560 and now its out of warranty. The starter recoil pin has broken again, that's the 6th starter it's had. Anyone else?

Sent from Hodge's eye phone using the new fancy Arbtalk Mobile App:)

HI HODGE sorry to go on mate my mum had a cooker off comet back long and they would NOT fix it for mum and this was going on for weeks i said one dinner ring comet i will speak to them and i said it not good going on like this and i said going into the bath store and dumb the cooker off out side there shop with A VERY LARGE SIGH ON IT THEY SOON SENT MUM A NEW COOKER I THINK IT LIKE THIS WITH YOUR SAW MATE ALL THE BEST JON :thumbup:

Edited by mendiplogs

Jon don't piss about . He gets it done !!!!!

HI STUBBY it not right to have to put with a load off bull of any one if what you buy any think and it no good then im like that it the same with watch i had off goldsmith bath they said will cost you £.... to fix it and it was only weeks old but they did fix 1st time :thumbup1:but with a saw you need it to work 1st if my on monday this does go right and I'm out pocket because of hrs loose im asking money out of husky AS STIHL UK SAID TO ME THE PHONE THEY FIX 6 YEAR 660 RE CHAIN BRAKE SO THATS GOOD ALL THE BEST HODGE JON :thumbup:

Ok 3month old 560 best saw i have ever had but...

1) new starter housing and fan as damaged the fins when it disintergrated.

2) two of the starter housing bolts broke off a week later so needed a whole new crank case.

3) now part of the oil pump has fullen apart so a new one and the worm drive as chewed that up as well.

In all the saw has spent nearly a month back at the dealers who have been very good about it but now its starting to get on my wick having a saw down all the time, not a happy cutter.

2) two of the starter housing bolts broke off a week later so needed a whole new crank case.

3) now part of the oil pump has fullen apart so a new one and the worm drive as chewed that up as well.

In all the saw has spent nearly a month back at the dealers who have been very good about it but now its starting to get on my wick having a saw down all the time, not a happy cutter.

Mmmm, there does seem to be the odd one thats not as good as the others. I guess its the same as many, many other models of saws.

I know one thing for sure though, I bet you still smile when you use it!:sneaky2::thumbup:

Best saw I have ever had, like having a big saw in a little frame, mad dressing out saw with a 13" bar and a beast with a 20" chogging down a pole, I smile, whenever I start it up then just weight for it to brake down again. Non of the outher lads will use it incase it brakes while in there hand.

Best ever saw but the most unreliable!

I have saws that are over 10 years old that have never seen the dealer never mind 3 times in 3month.

I do feel like writing a strongly worded letter the husqvarna expressing my disapointment in this perticular friday afternoon saw and requesting a replacement.

My plan was to invest in a new top handle when they come out but now not so sure and nor or 2 of my subby lads so sure about getting 560xp's of there own.

if that is the best saw you have ever had god knows that the worst one was like:confused1:

if that is the best saw you have ever had god knows that the worst one was like:confused1:

Stihl ms280 or husqvarna 350 both crappy saws

The 280 is a lone saw while the 560xp is getting fixt again.

Although I did have a very bad 3120 that fell to bits on the 1st tree I cut with it but swapped that for a 088 about 12 years ago.