Arbtalkers stop picking

jaime bray

I don't think anyone has a problem with differences of opinion, debate is good and how we can earn new things. It's the childish resulting to insults or accusing someone of somehow being a less decent person because of the differing opinions which is the issue in my view. There's 2 sides to every story, just because someone's on the other side of be fence doesn't make it acceptable to be a knob and call them out, or gang up on the side of a perceived virtue.

The self righteous get right up my nose..... If everyone shared the same view it wouldn't be a forum, it'd be a greasy sausage-fest.....

:lol::lol::lol:

Now thats why i like arbtalk!! If you read enough it's just as funny as watching live at the apollo on dave:biggrin:

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that the original post is an absolute load of tosh. Its called lively discussion for all you sensitive little souls. The biggest problem with Arbtalk (in my very humble opinion) is what I refer to as the `Pat on the back brigade` who side with members viewpoint no matter how ridiculous they are just because they are fellow Arbtalkers. The number of `girly` threads recently about `Oh my feelings were hurt when` are shameful ..... now man up and drink another pint like I am :biggrin:

Wow Dave, I'm going to nominate that for post of the month!

Well said

I think that the original post is an absolute load of tosh. Its called lively discussion for all you sensitive little souls. The biggest problem with Arbtalk (in my very humble opinion) is what I refer to as the `Pat on the back brigade` who side with members viewpoint no matter how ridiculous they are just because they are fellow Arbtalkers. The number of `girly` threads recently about `Oh my feelings were hurt when` are shameful ..... now man up and drink another pint like I am :biggrin:

HI DAVE i like that a lot mate :001_rolleyes::001_rolleyes:jon :thumbup:

I find that with certain members there is a lack of patience and understanding with certain replies and even with new members making their First or Second post only to get shot down by certain members. Some make sport of it, while still others I feel lack the confidence and knowledge to sometimes leave well enough alone and move on. I care only about treating others the way I would like to be treated in return. If folks have a problem with that philophosity than its time to stick a fork in em, there done. I find AT so much more enjoyable than other sites I am a member of that in comparison, there is none.

easy-lift guy

Personally I find logging in an enjoyable experience. The variety of topics keeps the site fresh. I would like to think that if I overstepped the mark that I was quickly informed. And if anyone had a problem with the way I conduct myself then a PM is another way of tackling issues.

Sure some topics can be controversial like some recent ones(coughs!)and some school yard banter occurs but it's a good laugh at the end of, for me, can be really tough days.

I take my job very seriously (some say too seriously) so all the help and advice I get is a real plus. As I have said before I ain't a climber so all you guys up in the trees have every right to look down on me. I give you my respect for the dangerous and technical job you do. My job also has dangers and challenges so mutual respect would be appreciated.

I would like to think I add some constructive info/banter to this community.:thumbup1:

@ the OP. It's interesting actually and something that I started thinking about a few weeks ago.

I'm a regular on here as well as two other Arb forums, I also occasionally go on other forums. The other two Arb forums are very different to Arbtalk. They are civilised and mostly stick to facts and real events but lack the humour that is ever present on Arbtalk. I think it is this humour that creates a feeling of camaraderie but it can also become a negative aspect.

I'm not brave enough to fully explain any further for fear of misinterpretation.

What makes this site great can also occasionally make it bad. By this I don't mean "the site", I mean the humans that use it.

I hope that makes sense.