Made me laugh

Lyncombe-climber

Personally I thought brave and skill. Can't see why anyone is laughing. I've done this sort of thing and it's not for the faint hearted. I've seen blokes go white at the thought of getting a micro on the back of a truck. That was steeper.

No Doubt about the skill level needed to accomplish such a risky act, just would have liked to know the what for?

easy-lift guy

Must be something to do with the bank behind the wall. Did notice on the return it looks like the bank has been levelled off and there is no drop the othe reside if the wall. If they had rebuilt the wall as it look lik enew block work then they just needed to backfill it. Guess it was better than doing by hand.

I would ask what's wrong with the way it was done. Gone up steeper hardcore piles than that in 17t diggers. And come back down again using the arm and only on the rear roller of tracks before. Had the entire digger in the air.

Expet for the bloke using his feet to stop the ramps sliding out.

Good skill albeit a bit jumpy on the hydros, he done that fine. IMO.

I would ask what's wrong with the way it was done. Gone up steeper hardcore piles than that in 17t diggers. And come back down again using the arm and only on the rear roller of tracks before. Had the entire digger in the air.

That's standard practise. Safe as houses as you have the arm there to catch you so to speak.

It's also standard practise to have your blade at the back of the machine if you have one, so if it does start to tip back the blade will catch you. I've seen a mini rolled arse over tit before by someone who didn't have the blade at the back and miscalculated.

It appeared that the bloke in the video couldn't work out how to push himself up a bit to stop the blade grounding out to begin with (similar to how you describe descending) . So he turned around and did it the dodgy way.

My other criticism would be that he had the arm up in the air too much. It should have been just above the ground at all times for maximum counterbalance. He went up it slow enough, plenty of opportunity to keep the jib correct.