countryfile/hedgelaying

hedgesparrow

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi if you can find a hedge does not need to be a long one. then as dorset said more than happy to come down and show how to lay south of england style.

all i ask is coffee and a bacon buttie at lunch time. i am sureDorset will come over and show you the ropes aswell. let me know if you do have one. only cost would be stakes and binders looking at £2.50 a bundle

if not let me know asap and will go and ask if i can use a hedge for laying. ideal for new to game virgin hedge about 12years old. but there not all like that few and far between most old buggers still can learn how to cut stems and lay. plus getting stakes in and putting binders on. do about 10 yards in a day. so it would not be a bust gutting day. if any one else fancy having a go then same applys. if it is on my hedge try and lay some lunch on. and maybe a draft afterwards to wash dust down.

Edited by hedgesparrow

been on top of one of the highest points near winchester cutting paths back was keeping warm with spade but wind lazy more like bone idle did that cut through. i like working in the winter but when its this cold had to keep going back to truck to thaw ears out. ran out of coffee and what i had was luke warm . been nice to have had ghillie on go but no go as footpath. still laid a few bits dorset style. do not know if it is right but held stems down ok. saved grubbing out some nice little thorns.

hi Digga yes need to get it during start of season. have a idear Mad matty wants to see how to lay a hedge invite chris evans over. say for children in need .

would you be up in coming over Digga

Edited by hedgesparrow

would really like to learn some of the skills in hedge laying, but cant spend money on course at moment did a taster day out near blanford but teacher wasnt up to much?

You'd be welcome to spend a day up here next back end. Could show you Midland, Staffs and Derby. Possibly too far for you and the style may be misplaced:001_smile: