countryfile/hedgelaying

hedgesparrow

He promotes more in our types of work than any other high-profile person, and to be hedge laying in his 60's and the fact he has the ability not to bother, he could quite easily have somebody do it for him, the bloke earns my respect! Lets see some of those parliamentary prats break a sweat and do a days work!

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

:dito::dito::dito:

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

been out all evening just been told about it, tried to Iplayer it, not on yet, and no must they must have lost me address either that or "Dorset" whats that:001_tongue:, Ill catch it tomorrow

lost mine aswell. :biggrin: some very good cutters i saw and knew. old boys tie club

Prince Charles will only use hand tools will not use a chain saw. i break out in a sweat with axe. but keeps you fit. just need to pack up the baccie good bloke

had a nice yorkshire he was using. laying dorset style today had no hedge as such but not going to get rid of some nice thorns so laid them so off footpath. council would have cut them down and threw in bank. will regrow and make a nice little corridor for small animals.if it can be kept then keep it not scrub out for a footpath. my little bit will go a small way to keep the carbon footprint down.

Just watched the programe.

Good to see Hedging and all be it very short horse logging on the box

Matt Baker did some hedging last winter I think it was down Devon way and was on Countryfile

Must admit still have mixed views, glad we have someone like PC as main man for National Hedgelaying (and horse logging Ive just found out) and what he says about and for the countryside. But been some very mixed local views about Poundbury village (housing estate) just down the rd from here.

Number of houses & cost, factory, planning, etc etc

Due to the size of it sure he must have finaly say on what happens on Duchy land. But this is not the place for that gripe.

Did the National at Sandringham 08 I think it was, didnt see him there, but it was by kind permission of HRH

ps thought he was good on Jackanory

now hedgelaying on chris evans breakfast show this morning chap from devon talking about it. can only be good all this air time. lets trust it brings in more work for hedgelayers

just heard that on iplayer as well, never heard of the bloke, we need people to make a note for next season though HS could have done with or do with all this about September/October, if theres one thing that needs repeating in 6 months.

cracking day down here nice n sunny , but bitter cold again