40 Lime trees to reduce

Ross Smith

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm really surprised you got permission from the TO , as the trees are mature and really about as big as they were going to get, given the regrowth that will occur, the same issues will be there again in only a very shot time only worse . 3 years time they will have a really dense outer canopy, has your client got too much money? or is he just one of those people who automatically believes that all trees will just keep on growing and pruning is the only way of control, I'd say that they were about as large as they were going to get, and that they have now just been stimulated into another growth spurt and unnecessarily wounded. Just my opinion , no offence intended and pruning is after all wounding.

I'm really surprised you got permission from the TO , as the trees are mature and really about as big as they were going to get, given the regrowth that will occur, the same issues will be there again in only a very shot time only worse . 3 years time they will have a really dense outer canopy, has your client got too much money? or is he just one of those people who automatically believes that all trees will just keep on growing and pruning is the only way of control, I'd say that they were about as large as they were going to get, and that they have now just been stimulated into another growth spurt and unnecessarily wounded. Just my opinion , no offence intended and pruning is after all wounding.

It is not my job bit having climbed and wounded a fair few of these trees ;)

Maybe the tree officer gave permission for the reductions as there was a lot of FB's present and a few cavaties in those trees. They are located all a public footpath with extremely heavy footfall in the summer.

Maybe the reductions were granted to alleviate some of the end weight to try Md avoid limb failure in future? Just a thought.

Pointless speculation and opinion.

All the points above may well have been very carefully considered by all parties, once the decision is made to go ahead then its just tree work that someone is going to do. No point trying to second guess the what ifs etc. Maybe they will fell the lot next time round but this is a stop gap? Too many possibilities to even start making your own conclusions.

Good work fellas!!

Makes me laugh, people jump to conclusions without any information other than the trees were pruned. ach well, awbody kens better.

In fairness to Jesse, there was nothing mentioned about FB's when he posted so he was going on it was a perfect tree being reduced, which i think most would of looked and possibly thought the same.

Id of applied for a reduction if i was advising the client if the risk of end weight causing branch failure near a active footpath.

I noticed that a lot of people very quick to voice their opinions. I am sure that the tree officer knows what he is talking about. And with the 'too much money' issue, is none of the tree surgeons concern. If he wants the job doing, and can pay the bills, the work isn't detrimental to the trees AND has been given consent by authorities, then are you suggesting that people turn work away instead of 'wounding trees'? We all 'wound trees' on a daily basis.... It's our job!

I noticed that a lot of people very quick to voice their opinions. I am sure that the tree officer knows what he is talking about. And with the 'too much money' issue, is none of the tree surgeons concern. If he wants the job doing, and can pay the bills, the work isn't detrimental to the trees AND has been given consent by authorities, then are you suggesting that people turn work away instead of 'wounding trees'? We all 'wound trees' on a daily basis.... It's our job!

The post was put up for people to see and comment on if they wish, thats what I have done.