Chainsaw selection

claudie345

I have: ms 180 for swinging about all day while not getting tired.Definately punches above its weight, 026, had this a few years.2005 model, but with a piped exhaust to open it up a bit.046.Definately my fav saw.A couple of bars for it, an 18" and a 25".064, bit of a marmite saw which i put a foot on and have two hands on the pullstart, but rips.Having new mains squeezed in at the moment.200t,great saw, and a little makita dcs230t.Love this.Very light and a joy to have hanging from my harness.Picked it up as a non runner for thirty quid.All it needed was a new carb rubber.Best value of the lot.Stihl pole saw.Well handy.

I`m open minded about brands and will shortly have a husky coming as part of a job lot of mowers from an old boy with a large acreage and wants rid.No markings and the chainbrake is the old wire type.Hardy used and with good compression, i`m thinking it looks like a 60cc saw, which will fit in just nicely.I just dont know much about older huskys.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have: ms 180 for swinging about all day while not getting tired.Definately punches above its weight, 026, had this a few years.2005 model, but with a piped exhaust to open it up a bit.046.Definately my fav saw.A couple of bars for it, an 18" and a 25".064, bit of a marmite saw which i put a foot on and have two hands on the pullstart, but rips.Having new mains squeezed in at the moment.200t,great saw, and a little makita dcs230t.Love this.Very light and a joy to have hanging from my harness.Picked it up as a non runner for thirty quid.All it needed was a new carb rubber.Best value of the lot.Stihl pole saw.Well handy.

I`m open minded about brands and will shortly have a husky coming as part of a job lot of mowers from an old boy with a large acreage and wants rid.No markings and the chainbrake is the old wire type.Hardy used and with good compression, i`m thinking it looks like a 60cc saw, which will fit in just nicely.I just dont know much about older huskys.

It'll have the model number written on the tag

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

It'll have the model number written on the tag

Yeah, i think its a 266 sl.Only had a cursory glance over it and checked compression, chain brake function.It had no fuel in it and was hardly marked underneath.I was interested in the lawnflites primarily and got the saw chucked in as part of negotiations.A nominal 25 quid.:thumbup1:

Yeah, i think its a 266 sl.Only had a cursory glance over it and checked compression, chain brake function.It had no fuel in it and was hardly marked underneath.I was interested in the lawnflites primarily and got the saw chucked in as part of negotiations.A nominal 25 quid.:thumbup1:

I'll give you £30 and postage for it :lol:

Stihl 150, clean that bar!

Stihl 200t x2, bloody carbs!!! Arghh !!

357xpg 7 years old on its last but won't give up!

560xp two years old and very well used..where's a local dealer with the software?.

372xp my Friday afternoon saw of the bunch, likes to rattle loose and continually fall to bits.

395xp ported and sorted by spud... Currently on the 372's 20" bar and far more fun.

Got a Husqvarna T425 which has worked very well for the last four years without any problems at all.

A Husky 136, a Stihl MS340 still going strong after Ten years hard work and starts first time everytime. A rebuilt Jonsered 2036turbo, only because I rebuilt it for someone and they didn't want it back. Just sold the 12kg Solo 635 and very soon to be picking up a new 372xp.