The Art of Zig Zag

silky fox

I went for a climb this morning on the ZZ, wasn't doing any work I was just haveing a climb. The krab didn't turn at all and the ZZ felt fine. I think as long as you make sure that it stays in place then you're fine but just still be carefull. Still worked fine on limb walks and self tending/footlocking.

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went for a climb this morning on the ZZ, wasn't doing any work I was just haveing a climb. The krab didn't turn at all and the ZZ felt fine. I think as long as you make sure that it stays in place then you're fine but just still be carefull. Still worked fine on limb walks and self tending/footlocking.

Jake just stick a beal pinch or rubber bands to stop it rotating, when your deep into say a reduction the last thing you want todo is to keep having to check your biner. Iv had it rotate many of times.

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

As far as competition climbing I dot know about any other comps but the 3ATC have been thinking about it and I know they were going I still be aloud to be used however they would have liked to see it being backed up (tether from krab to krab ) however I'm not sure about that at the moment but shall find out and let you know

Charlie if I know Paul Searle like I think I know Paul Searle he won't be letting people use a zig zag in completion because petzl have said to stop using it that mean if another one were to fail the competition organisers insurance would be void. And that goes for industry users as well if your zig zag fails and you survive a fall your stuffed. Just my 2 pence worth. Hope your well mate see you at the comps

Mate, how hard is it to grasp? The manufacturer have said to stop using so why are you still climbing on it?

Fwiw, if it fails you only have yourself to blame as they have issued the stop. So what if you have the o ring of a Johny on it to stop it rotating...

Do you also run with scissors aswell..?

The longer this goes on the more i want rid of mine, i loved it at first but now theres questions about !! Who knows.

Mine might be up for sale here or the bay if the supplier wont have it back lol

Feeling the same myself,wish I got a unicender instead. Another thing that worries me is the swivel ball that looks like it could break easily being loaded wrong.