Done again

Wolfie

A national data base could and should be set up for all hand held equipment. The resistance on the part of manufacturers is sad for the consumer. I believe greed on behalf of the manufactures and insurance companies are driving forces against a national data base. For reasons already stated the police have their own opinions and reasons against a national data base as well. Private industry can and has help fill the void, however unless the manufacturers and the insurance industries along with the Police pull together the results will remain the same and even worse.

easy-lift guy

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am going to get onto security this week. Could anyone thats been unfortunate enough to have been broken into give details of methods of entry tools used etc. If we all work together sharing info we can make our yards etc safer.

A company I worked for kept getting done over by a group going round with 4ft bolt croppers. They did 2 or three sites until we stopped them by adding enough steel to the security until they were stopped.

as easy lift guy said they are nicking more than like to order. any stuff worth a bit will have been shipped other side of country or abroad. no help to you a small glimmer. you say you had 5 new saws. the firm you bought them from did they chip them with your id on. some of the new saws have chips which when you buy the dealer puts your details on againt saw. when it is serviced they know who saw it is and how much work it has done. its a glimmer but if they have. let police know there chipped.

if these saws now are coming chipped should be a database like cesar if they do get nicked inform them its put out anyone taking a saw in to have something done gets flagged up may not ever go in a workshop. but may be picked up by police who can scan it. something got to be done. its out of control.

The scrotes nicked my chipper that was worth a bit, it went a whole 15 miles!!!!!!!

I got done on Boxing Day. It seems they only had a bar as leverage to get in my garage. The garage is now rebuilt out of 9 inch block with electric roller shutter, 2 Bulldog ground bolts, and 1 Doberman that calls it home.

I was quoted nearly 5K to replace tools and have been offered 2K from insurance it's wear and tear you know insurance still hasn't paid out.

Didn't really want to call Police because I know they will do nuttin so basically it's up to the owner to pay insurance to rip him off and put as many obstacles in the b@st@rds way as poss. If you do take the law into your own hands you can bet you'll be the one nicked and the skag heads get councelling!

Make a list of all equipment you have. Take photo's and keep it up to date. Insurance companies like order. I had a big visit some years ago and lost a lot, but because I had up to date lists they paid out very quickly. However don't be fobbed off with we can get if cheaper from from a firm miles away because you have to remember about warranty!

In my case I don't think it was the ethnic minority that visited me, but enough said!

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

From seeing part of a break in on cctv, lighting is a deterent, but it must be out of reach. Steel work is very effective putting some boxing around the lock so you cant reach it with bolt cutters. Those van locks with the round padlock with the pin inside look hard to cut.

I have melted STOLEN and our postcode into every piece of body work with a soldering iron to make it harder to sell.

Photos and serial numbers seem obvious but most people don't record them. I was fortunate enough to get my stuff back when I found it on ebay, but all the many other items in the persons house the police struggled to prove were stolen as the serial numbers had not been reported.

photos could be done at work tommorrow on your phone and show really unique wear or damage if it gets recovered.

lots of people have slated the police but if they recover stuff but the owners did not bother writing down the serial number then there job is made harder.