converting an l200 to a tipper

outdoorjoe

Hi, I have a 2005 L200 single cab pickup which I would like to convert into a tipper. My plan is to buy a drop side tipping body, pump, ram, light board etc from a Nissan cabstar remove the current original buck (which is dented to h3ll anyway!) make up some L brackets to fix the tipper subframe to weld them to the chassis bolt on the body mount the pump and electrics and bobs your uncle L200 tipper!

My brother is a welder so will make up the brackets and im pretty spanner handy was just wondering if anyone has tried this before? Problems encountered and anything you would do differently? I’ve tried searching the net and few people have made them from scratch but not found one person recycle a tipping body / tipmaster type thing! Of course photos will follow…

Cheers for the recommendation, but if the original body is knackered then putting a Protipper in it isn't a great idea.

Fitting a cab star body should be fairly straightforward if the chassis rail spacings are the same.

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

easy conversion!!!

it dont matter if the chassis rails dont meet up exactly you can make plates to suit to make it fit!!!!

just take your time measure everything 4 or 5 times!!!

i started by seperating the tipper body from its chassis i then cut the chassis & fitted it to the truck & when i was happy i then started on modifiying the body!!

i have done 2 now fist was a cabstar body on a d21 pick up & then i cut a transit sized body down to fit a hilux!!!

am thinking of doing a landy next!!!

• 2 weeks later...
yes done this to my hilux m3,am in stroud so your welcome to come over an have a lookie if you want :001_smile:

Thats really good of you thanks, once i buy my tipping body ill drop you a line that would be really hepfull!

I did consider pro-tipper (i contacted you through ebay pete) but like i said my buck is shabby and is a little out of my price range. I can get a cabstar tipper body with ram, pump and wireing for £500 so with a bit of steel, welding and time I should be able to do it for sub £750 ish

thanks for the replys everybody thats really encouraging and the ute looks like just what im trying to achieve so once i get started Ill post some pics

cheers

joe