Awful customer care from British Gas

felixthelogchopper

I just can't believe all of the problems you've had.

Surely the man in the wee van will just float down from the sky at a minutes notice and fix everything!

Or is that a different TV advert!

I think a well written detailed letter and stick it out all the way for compensation.

Best of luck. Hope you get as much as you can. Oh, have you paid for the loft insulation?

Believe it or not, the loft insulation was a free offer from Sainsbury. :001_rolleyes::laugh1:

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Already pointed out how much the local paper enjoys a good consumer crusade. :001_smile:

I can just see it though ... the advert comes on , the little van floats down ( as has been stated ) the smiley people fixing stuff in a flash, then cu to the presenters detailing all your carnage . Hows that on national tv ?

You want to think about your stuff thats in those rooms as it wont take long for them to get mouldy. Dehumidifier from a local hire shop may help. But bedding and clothes will suffer as will carpets. I would think the insulation should be removed to let the loft air out too. Make sure any loss adjuster that visits takes note of all of it.

If you are any good at doing websites how about britishgasisshite for a web address and plenty of good photos up on it with a good explanation. Bad publicity is what these cowboys hate and they spend millions every year on marketing. Every time someone does a google search for british gas this will pop up on the screen as well in the searches and would put a few people off from signing up with them.

I know it's thier cock up but it's you sitting there in the cold you would probably be better off to arranged your own plumber to sort it out and bill them including an arrangemnt fee, they are pretty much worse than useless and i'm sure they survive by preying on older people who think it's best to deal with british gas because that was all you had years ago.

Had all this with my mum & british gas, they were taking money for a boiler contract that included parts, trouble was that you couldn't get parts for it and hadn't been able to for quite a few years and they knew that as they had been told that by the manufacturer.

Have you got onto your house insurance people? They may put a rocket up their arse? Hope this sorts out fast for you.

I agree. Felix I find your story sad and typical. If you have a homeowners policy or renters insurance contact them ASAP. I believe you will continue to be frustrated and annoyed by dealing with a Gas company to fix a plumbing problem. I believe the sub contractor should be carrying general liability insurance?. Since you ave documented the matter very well I would file a claim against all parties concerned. Hope you have a positive outcome.

easy-lift guy

I can just see it though ... the advert comes on , the little van floats down ( as has been stated ) the smiley people fixing stuff in a flash, then cu to the presenters detailing all your carnage . Hows that on national tv ?

How about the little van floats down and I give it both barrels? :biggrin: