• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

£5.73 per hour for workers aged 22 years and older

£4.77 per hour for workers aged 18-21

£3.53 per hour for all workers under the age of 18

NMW stats guys. i think you could risk getting into trouble at £5 an hour.

where abouts is somerset? which part of england?

we had a polish bloke with us, very hard working, no phoning his missus every half hour, decent grasp of english, never complained, too hard working at times-needed to look up more!

even brought me a bottle of zubrovka and polish sausages each month for giving him a lift to work!

somerset is sw uk. I couldn't supply boots to every one who i offered a job to as i would be broke after a few weeks, if i had a long running lad who was interested in persuing career with company then i would buy all kit.

I'm sorry but unless you find a youngster with a decent work ethic and build them up you don't stand a chance paying 50.00 a day and i take it that's before tax ?

If you want good staff you have to pay good money, this will also have a positive effect on your business because productivity will go up with semi-skilled labour. No explaining yourself every 5 minutes.

I found out the hard way, it wasn't until just before i packed in my business i learnt this lesson.

Skilled or semi-skilled staff will also take the pressure off you freeing you to go and quote etc.

If you can't afford to pay more then maybe you need to look at your overheads, and day rate.