atree is injured

Hollands

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

tell us about the injury!!:001_smile:

You'll have to get the facts from Adam when he gets out of hospital. But the story goes he was footlocking up an ash tree and the branch snapped when he was about 7 metres up. The branch was a good 6 inches wide where it snapped, but his rope was about a metre out from the crotch round a smaller branch. Was a bit unlucky i think. We climb the tree all the time and i would be suprised if no-one had tied in at that point before. But like i say you'll have to wait till the big man gets out of hospital for all the gory details.

You'll have to get the facts from Adam when he gets out of hospital. But the story goes he was footlocking up an ash tree and the branch snapped when he was about 7 metres up. The branch was a good 6 inches wide where it snapped, but his rope was about a metre out from the crotch round a smaller branch. Was a bit unlucky i think. We climb the tree all the time and i would be suprised if no-one had tied in at that point before. But like i say you'll have to wait till the big man gets out of hospital for all the gory details.

Hmmm sounds a bit of a dodgy anchor point ( included bark maybe?) Poor sod, bet he's sore fr months. I had a similar failure on my secondary anchor ( branch above my head) whilst branch walking-twatted me right out-owww!

K

Hmmm sounds a bit of a dodgy anchor point ( included bark maybe?) Poor sod, bet he's sore fr months. I had a similar failure on my secondary anchor ( branch above my head) whilst branch walking-twatted me right out-owww!

K

yea possibly a bit dodgy. The branch apparently broke about a foot out from the main stem,which i thought was a bit weird, i would of expected it to kind of tear down at the crotch. Ash is pretty brittle and it has been stinking hot over here. Someone suggested that the sap dries out a bit in the heat making them more prone to failure. Not sure might just have too far out on the branch.

hey guys,thanks for allyour posts,just got out of hospo yesterday after 2 n hlf weeks liting in bed perving at nurses,so got pins n plates in both ankles n a compound fracture in bck bone,9 weeks in a wheelchair then try n walk again,they reakon3mnths before im back climbing bloody trees again,was a bad break in 1 so was a tricky op but its done now,

thanks again (cheers adam(hollands)