May I introduce you to Eco Micro Arb (EMA)

Dean Lofthouse

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know those trucks. The lads that used them didn't rate them and they've spent some time off the road. Pretty sure they had a few problems.

I definately wouldn't buy one new, far too much money. I don't think they would pull on an incline with any weight in either, they are made for estate work I reckon, for carrying a few rakes about and sweeping up leaves

I think you have to not expect too much from them, they are basically an electric golf buggy.

I don't mind having a dabble at these sorts of prices though :thumbup:

Edited by Dean Lofthouse

Your not joking...it's minimum purchase of £20 for free postage otherwise you have to pay £5 postage for a tiny part that weighs the same as a feather.

What I have been doing is making up the difference in side light and brake light bulbs etc for the trailer, cars and chipper. So I'm not going to be scavenging round trying to find a bulb for the next couple of years :thumbup:

we do the same but you end up ofgetting something as it happened so long ago ie a 60p transister for an inspection lamp

Rather do the tinkering than watch coronation street Scott :biggrin:

ha we had a kitchen dinner party so brough in a extra table but it now were we fix all these sort of things lol

I definately wouldn't buy one new, far too much money. I don't think they would pull on an incline with any weight in either, they are made for estate work I reckon, for carrying a few rakes about and sweeping up leaves

I think you have to not expect too much from them, they are basically an electric golf buggy.

I don't mind having a dabble at these sorts of prices though :thumbup:

You wouldn't catch me using one on this estate lol. Quad and trailer or, if more capacity needed, the truck. :thumbup1:

• 5 weeks later...

Still on with this job, proving to be a very technical repair. Original motor controller proved unrepairable so bought one off eBay , this one turns needed the wiring loom and motor feed cables altering to fit. Ended up doing some cable splicing, new cable end crimping and to top it all the controller is a restricted access one, meaning you can't program it with the programmer I have, so ordered another blank microchip from rs hoping to get round the lock code

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1366392185.378057.jpg.59cfc38f3633e3691b0e924ba97e52ff.jpg

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1366392205.308199.jpg.efca783ed66c6bea3bd3f782153c1f5c.jpg

Whilst I admire your ingenuity and careful diagnosis, the prices for those sort of vehicles, even second hand, are an absolute joke. With the quoted battery cycles, and the replacement costs, I think you will struggle to keep fuel costs below those of a small engined truck such as a 1.3 Nissan, especially when you take into account the hassle factor.

I hear what you're saying regarding advertising, but I reckon a decent paintjob on a more standard vehicle would achieve the same for less cost and MUCH less hassle. Let's be honest- once you've fixed it, do you really expect it to stay running? Or are you anticipating dragging the missus home with the landrover a few times? :lol:

As for those two on eBay- 511 miles on one, and the other has already had to be cannabalised for parts??