May I introduce you to Eco Micro Arb (EMA)

Dean Lofthouse

Just taken off the 48v battery set as the reason I got it cheap was the batteries have been left uncharged for a long time. Going to try and desulphate them with the mega pulse which is supposed to send a high frequency pulse with vibrates and loosens the sulphate crystals which form on the plates in the batteries

Got to leave mega pulse on for six weeks to work. So I have removed the batteries, rearranged them into a 24v set so as I only have a 24v charger and leave them on a float charge for the six week. Put on two mega pulse units arrange to work at 2 x 12v and hope it works otherwise its £2k for another set of batteries

[ATTACH]115423[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]115424[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]115425[/ATTACH]

While you are waiting for those batteries ring bristol batteries they are seriously into that technology and their lead acids for our generators are the best on the market. If it was me I would have those batteries over the weigh bridge and use the money towards a new set. Lead price is high at the moment.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just had a quote for 12 Lucas LSLC85-12 at £116 each inc vat and delivery making replacement around £1400.

Lucas should be a good battery ?

I dont have experience on electric vehicles. Are they a deep cycle sealed leisure battery ? We were having problems with start batteries and tried nearly everything on the market with mediocre results. In the end gave up and bought the best and most expensive brand on the market Varta. But after 12 months found even these to be mediocre. Tried the Avon brand from Bristol batteries and for the last 12 months they have tested top line in the field. On every service the batteries are load tested and a printout is stapled to the job sheet. The difference between a bad battery and a good one on a standby generator could be someones life. I dont think the Lucas is a bad brand but does not stand out as the best and I think most are made in the far east. I have a bosch battery I fitted to our bobcat in 1999 and it still starts in this weather. I would give Bristol a ring been in business years and honest helpful people.

Did a google search on the reg no for the little truck and it brought up the last time it sold.

It was sold by a dealer three and a half years ago for £11,220 with 1255 miles on the clock, the bloke I bought it off told me it has been parked up for three years in a shed ( the nobbles are still on the tyres) and with a new set of batteries it now stands me at £3k with 1276 miles on the clock, it's done 21 miles since it was last sold ..... Crazy waste of money

This electric one claims it can pull 4000kg & do 46% gradient hills :thumbup1:

40 mph max speed

ALKE' XT420E

Looks very handy

Maybe there the future with petrol prices going crazy?

Bet its very expensive though atm to buy new

Just had a work out on just fuel costs versus battery life costs

Electric vehicle energy / battery life cost per mile £0.11p per mile

Petrol vehicle averaging 50 mile to the gallon is £0.36p per mile

Not including service cost and free road tax on the EV

Yesterday got it all back together and went down to the yard in it, loaded it with logs and it was not too good on the hills loaded and wouldn't come up my drive.

Took half the logs off and it came up the drive, it's got some right acceleration when empty.

Took the brush cover off the motor to check whether all four brushes were free and that one wasn't stuck. In the process, manages to short a wire which shouldn't have been live. Put everything back together, ignition on and could smell burning.

Took off speed controller and one rectifier and one resistor burnt out. New controller is £2k

So just ordered components at £9 in total from Rs hopefully it will be just those that have blown :001_rolleyes:

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1362927946.254369.jpg.c6cc76d665688605689394f9721b1839.jpg

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1362927961.823627.jpg.aa19bec6a4b8d1d14b0e9ed62e1a6a3c.jpg

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1362927977.103692.jpg.28109da026bbdcecaa04a903839c3e76.jpg

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Edited by Dean Lofthouse
Tried to remove double pics