dodgey saws

hedgesparrow

I seen a program about these knock off saws once I remember what it was called I'll put it up anyway Interpol traced them back to the Italian mafia who we're buying them in very large quantities and selling them on to other smaller crime organisations who sold them on to the public. This program had a sthil expert on and tested these fake saws to the equivalent sthil ( 036 I think) to test the integrity of the chain brake they hit the ms360 chain brake handle with a mell hammer in a controlled machine operated way with the same force as kick back would produce and it knocked the chain brake on done the same test with the fake ms360 and it completely smashed the chain brake handle off, these saws have cheap inferior parts that are not up any kind of standard. The sad thing is we as in professionals will avoid these saws like the plague but the general public with have no idea, most of the general public will have no training and will have very little experience with a saw which is only going to increase the likely hood of an accident or even a death with these saftey features i.e weak chain brake handle, that aren't really safety features

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I seen a program about these knock off saws once I remember what it was called I'll put it up anyway Interpol traced them back to the Italian mafia who we're buying them in very large quantities and selling them on to other smaller crime organisations who sold them on to the public. This program had a sthil expert on and tested these fake saws to the equivalent sthil ( 036 I think) to test the integrity of the chain brake they hit the ms360 chain brake handle with a mell hammer in a controlled machine operated way with the same force as kick back would produce and it knocked the chain brake on done the same test with the fake ms360 and it completely smashed the chain brake handle off, these saws have cheap inferior parts that are not up any kind of standard. The sad thing is we as in professionals will avoid these saws like the plague but the general public with have no idea, most of the general public will have no training and will have very little experience with a saw which is only going to increase the likely hood of an accident or even a death with these saftey features i.e weak chain brake handle, that aren't really safety features

Fake britain i think.

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Yeah it was, with that baldy geezer Dom Littlewood?All this stuff is linked to organised crime and i wouldnt buy on principle.The stuffs poor quality anyway so why would you want it.I`ve seen a few people with them.Domestic firewooders.`I`ve got one of them stihls`. No you havent, you`ve been mugged.Some of them have paid 4-500 quid for something trhat probably cost less than twenty quid to build.

Needs stamping on.

The Irish are always doing this, some Irish t--t asked me if I wanted to buy a genuine stihl chainsaw from a shop that went bankrupt, what a load of crap he wanted £350 for 2 and I just laughed at him, so then he said how much will u pay so I said £100 for the 2 and walked off, and then he said ok, I never bought anything from the Irish, but I thought £100 for 2 chainsaws can't be bad, but I know one thing they are definitely not stihl because I've got the ms362 and they're nothing like it, Chinese copy no doubt

Am I missing something? or does this fella^^^^say he never bought anything.

My hubby brought one of these back the other day his mate had asked him to sharpen his saw for him it came through the door with the bar splayed chain hanging down obvious fake my response tell him to put it in the bin and buy a proper saw from a proper retailer before he has an accident.It amazes me the people who are willing to buy them thinking they are getting a bargain .I am still on gaurd from the last one that knocked the door trying to sell me fakes it was only yesterday I walked around the corner and up the road and spotted them eying up our boat stood(boats made of metal) behind my truck with a scrap metal van parked 40 metres up the road from where he was stood when he saw me walking up he moved on then bet the boat dissapears soon I didnt click at first as thought he was looking into my truck saying that he was probably doing both.Wish they would leave other peoples stuff alone

• 1 month later...

Heres the problem: ive always used stihl,never touched a husky, now that saw looks like a husky to me, I wouldn't know the difference and I guess there many more like me who could be potential customers. Im pretty sure that I could tell if its crap built (fake),but I bet theres plenty out there that couldn't.

Heres the problem: ive always used stihl,never touched a husky, now that saw looks like a husky to me, I wouldn't know the difference and I guess there many more like me who could be potential customers. Im pretty sure that I could tell if its crap built (fake),but I bet theres plenty out there that couldn't.

That is the problem Steve . I can tell that one instantly coz I do use Huskys . What bothers me is some unsuspecting punter buys coz he has heard of Husqvarna and then when it , at best under performs and more likely fall apart he is going to think thats what all Huskys are like ( not an opening for Stihl fans ...:biggrin:)