First Impressions of the 150T

Dan Curtis

Many.. The benifits of the silky are no noise, no fumes, cheaper, but probably more dangerous...

If the 150 had uses the same chain as the 200's I'd have ordered one last week, I'd like to try one.

Use a t536 from husqy, same chain, quiet, no fumes, and marginally cheaper, but not quite silky costs

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had it out today, took down a couple of manky chestnuts. The first was a pole to walk up and drop the two tops out of. I took the littl'un up to clean off the epi as I went and it did the job beautifully. Weight wise, it is barely noticeable hanging on your harness.

Once up I had the intention of hauling up the big saw and dropping the tops. One wasn't too big so I did it with the 150, a little bit large for it but it managed. The only difficult part was getting the reach around to finish the back cut due to the bar size. (see photo- near enough full bar length from both sides)

The other tree was a strip up, then dropped in two sections with a bigger saw. I was putting the 150 into ~7" wood at times, with no issues.

So, the saw is beautfully light, well balanced and responsive. The power is there when you want it, and in the amount you expect from it. You do need a light touch cutting anything over 3", as there isn't quite enough torque to dog in and go. Luckily, I have no dogs on mine, so all's good there. You probably won't be chasing cuts or doing proper spears with it. But as far as using it for it's intention goes, it's lovely..............so far. Got some beech later in the week to do, so we'll see how it copes with harder wood.

20130211_085112.jpg.f44f02b7b25abfcb18894d820079edb4.jpg

Great review Dan:thumbup: lovin the photo of the littl'un on the stem it cut...is that the top of your Hitch Hiker also? The colours look great....cool image:cool:

Unicender mate :thumbup1: it was snowy and my hands were cold so didn't faff about too much getting a shot:lol:

UNICENDER...if course...these things stand out to me...if i wasn't a tree surgeon i would have been an artist or graphic designer as i have a love of colourful imagery so i like your picture a lot:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Thankyou:thumbup1:

I too have a love of good photography, just wish it was a passion I could indulge/be any good at!

Only thing is I didn't find it pick up very well.

Thanks Dom

I found that this morning, it seems to need a good warming up before use. Also the handbook says 9 pumps minimum on the primer for all cold starts regardless of whether there is fuel in the bulb, so perhaps could have been an issue with fuel being there with yours?