What chainsaw for a newbie (girl)

razor

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

550xp. Of the four 50cc class saws I've used extensively (MS260, MS261, 346XP and 550XP) it is by far and away the best. You are never left wanting for power in sub 18 inch diameter felling work.

I ended up with a 357 as could not get a 346 at the time, 15" bar great for small work, but often use an 18" bar for larger stuff, find the chain break ok etc.

Surprised at that. Found mine heavy, ungainly, and slow to rev up when snedding. A plodder saw that made the day hard work. Traded mine for use of a hire car and still don't miss it.

OP, steal your hubby's 260 and try it for a couple of days work. If you like using it buy a husky 550xp as you'll find it similar in size but nicer to use all day.

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

it was my first saw, never gave me bother and did everything i asked of it, good middle of the road saw, i wouldnt hesitate to reccomend it...

I've been looking around for a Pro saw myself for around 6 months, and all my reading(reviews, brochures, talking to guys and using others kit) suggests the 550xp, so thats the route I'm going, Forest and arb have them for about £545 inc vat and heated grips, I just need to get the pennies together now.

jonesie has the 550 XPG for £487 inc VAT Husqvarna 550XPG chainsaw (50.1cc) | F R Jones and Son