Any arbtalking veg growers in da house?

Tony Croft aka hamadryad

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this thread going to fade away? Tony C is talking of going solo workwise, so will be obsessed with working and building an empire. This week I nearly got my garden fenced in, hopefully stop the landlords dog urinating on everything. Just need to sort a cat deterrent for neighbours cats babbing in my garden, its not the organic matter I desire. Any tips how to do it nicely. There is no zoo nearby for the lion poo trick. Plus do I really want a bigger dollop?

Is this thread going to fade away? Tony C is talking of going solo workwise, so will be obsessed with working and building an empire. This week I nearly got my garden fenced in, hopefully stop the landlords dog urinating on everything. Just need to sort a cat deterrent for neighbours cats babbing in my garden, its not the organic matter I desire. Any tips how to do it nicely. There is no zoo nearby for the lion poo trick. Plus do I really want a bigger dollop?

pepper spray!

Tis the worst, it absolutely stinks. :thumbdown:

I find that once my plants are a decent size the cats find it less easy to get in and make a scrape. In the meantime, if the ground is bare or is seeded/has seedlings the best deterrent I have found is to place a few "thorny" hawthorn branches across the bed. Noses, paws, bumholes, they dont like a pointy hawthorn tip up 'em! :biggrin:

Tis the worst, it absolutely stinks. :thumbdown:

I find that once my plants are a decent size the cats find it less easy to get in and make a scrape. In the meantime, if the ground is bare or is seeded/has seedlings the best deterrent I have found is to place a few "thorny" hawthorn branches across the bed. Noses, paws, bumholes, they dont like a pointy hawthorn tip up 'em! :biggrin:

MIIIIAAAAAAAA.......OOOOOOWWwww:laugh1: Love it.

pepper spray!
AArrrTTisssshhhhooo.:lol:

Which will work first? Is the pepper spray Police issue stuff or garden center purchase? If I do perimeter they shouldn't enter?

MIIIIAAAAAAAA.......OOOOOOWWwww:laugh1: Love it.

AArrrTTisssshhhhooo.:lol:

Which will work first? Is the pepper spray Police issue stuff or garden center purchase? If I do perimeter they shouldn't enter?

I would think Military grade:biggrin:

but havent tried it yet, caught one this morning moving in on my new blank canvas of a garden:thumbdown: I think an automated sprinkler is the way for now, and progressive solutions till I have a cat free garden.

Im going to have chickens soon and cat shite is not going to be tolerated:thumbdown:

No dig is a proven method of cropping. It just takes a bit of attitude change. It's got a lot to do with helping nature do what she does best. Mulches and little soil disturbance- letting the worms do the business. The plot doesn't look as regimented as normal but soil fertility is protected. It looks more relaxed although to some eyes more scruffy.

How many hens are you getting tony? We have two, wanna get more, 2 eggs everyday. Great craic to watch need to fence off the veg patch though, between them and the bloody dogs digging

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App