crane for ifor williams

Brett

is this used with a hand pump? i see you have legs on the trailer, are they Ifor standard, are they a must in your opinion? how would you switch between tipper and crane?

Yes its a hand pump built into the base of the crane, the leg is a home made bodge together that is a must as anything more than the rg13 at full reach starts to tip the trailer over and yes i have had it on its side while unloadeng a big carving. my plan is to fit quick conectors like on the back of a tractor and that wat the trailer can not be tipped up while the crane is still pluged in and do any damage.

• 1 year later...

Couple of things to consider,

With an 8ft x 5 foot body you will be very tight on space if you want to move two full cubic meter log bags. A 10 foot body would be far better.

The weight of the crane will reduce the carry capacity of the trailer by the weight of the crane, however a couple of bags of Ash will be about 900kg so not really an issue unless towed by a small 4x4.

Seems that the actual loaded weight of the trailer must not exceed the weight of the towing vehicle. I have fallen foul of this one without realising.

A

Seems that the actual loaded weight of the trailer must not exceed the weight of the towing vehicle. I have fallen foul of this one without realising.

A

I believe that is an advisory? Not a legal requirement?

It's the stated towing capability of the vehicle not the actual mas of the vehicle that is a legal thing, I can tow 3.5 ton with my 2.4 ton landy but only 2.1 ton with my 2.2 ton santerfay. This is why a lot of lasses towing horse boxes with freelancers or hyluxes end up in bother because they are overloaded.

Sent from my iPad using Arbtalk