The marvellous chronicles of a man in a tree

RobArb

Acer reduction from earlier

Quick question, does anyone get bored of doing the same thing over and over again, reduce this, reduce that, thin this, thin that, step around the dog crap, reduce that again.... Etc etc

Don't get me wrong I love what I do but a but of diversity wouldn't go a miss sometimes:biggrin:

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

1360929152082.jpg.327a299db2428156ed5dea6e3a354ec6.jpg

1360929144495.jpg.0c40e87e23c37b18a700caba6f7e6c35.jpg

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People unfortunately David, Salford is very, very client led i.e. someone whinges about poor light issues, leaves falling in their garden, you know in a couple of months you'll be back to reduce it..:001_rolleyes:

The residents of Salford, and to some extent the TO (although I get the feeling it is forced upon him from above)

Yes agree, it's as wasteful as wasteful can be here, we end up going back to the same trees over and over again, there are trees in Salford from back in the day, that where thinned, then thinned and further thinned again. Unfortunately it was never done properly and they look like huge lion takes, we now have to reduce them!

I can tell you now that not one reduction we have done (to my knowledge) in Salford had between done to reduce a hazard, if there is a hazard present, it normally gets felled.

I'm out of here as soon as is physically possible to go create my marvelous chronicles elsewhere.

PS, I do enjoy my job most of the time:biggrin:

Appologies Rob, it's not my place to pry around a local authorities budget and tree strategy. The images compelled me to ask :blushing:

Good luck with attaining your next arboreal chapter (what ever/where ever that may be) with your knowledge & enthusiasm, it will I'm sure, deliver a treetastic & enjoyable challenge :thumbup1:

Really must cut back on the Vino Rosso so early in the weekend :biggrin:

Appologies Rob, it's not my place to pry around a local authorities budget and tree strategy. The images compelled me to ask :blushing:

Good luck with attaining your next arboreal chapter (what ever/where ever that may be) with your knowledge & enthusiasm, it will I'm sure, deliver a treetastic & enjoyable challenge :thumbup1:

Really must cut back on the Vino Rosso so early in the weekend :biggrin:

Don't apologise, your questions are welcomed and I don't mind answering any that come this way:biggrin:

Now, as soon as I'm in, think I may also partake in Ann alcoholic beverage our two!:biggrin:

Quick question, does anyone get bored of doing the same thing over and over again, reduce this, reduce that, thin this, thin that, step around the dog crap, reduce that again.... Etc etc

Nearly every job we get is a tree with lots of wires underneath, or houses, or backyards with pools and lots of ornaments. Its life mate. Live it! (Or move here and work with wires!) :001_rolleyes:

Acer reduction from earlier

Don't get me wrong I love what I do but a but of diversity wouldn't go a miss sometimes:biggrin:

Never, every tree being different is a challenge always different environments different people, different specs... I love my job, being an arborist is all I've ever wanted to do... Even if I had some luck on the lottery I don't think I'd ever give it up and that's the truth :thumbup1:

When's the next video coming anyway mate?