Debarking

aye mate, just seen your thread. Cundey Debarker, diesel engine - an oul lester engine. Its the dogs b's. Spent a hell of a lot of time using one for fencing material. For your job it is also ideal. I'd say you would have no problem putting longer lenthgs thru it.

Man, u's are bringing back the chain gang work doing that stuff by hand....holie.

Cundy debarker - you'll never look back, when our finished with it giv me a shout. I ve been lookiing for one of reasonable price just to have, theyre a dream mchine and nice money spinner.

Not sure if Cundy are still in existence, but according to my hubby, these debarkers were popular a fair few years ago.

Cundys were based in Ripley Derbyshire but sold to Technorton in Shropshire who I think went bust/sold to someone else.

The Cundy pole peelers are very good!!:thumbup1: You can sell the peelings to the horse bedding/playground markets.

Cundys were based in Ripley Derbyshire but sold to Technorton in Shropshire who I think went bust/sold to someone else.

The Cundy pole peelers are very good!!:thumbup1: You can sell the peelings to the horse bedding/playground markets.

Cundey Systems started up after Technorton dissapeared but the main guy from Technorton is still involved -the good news is you can still buy a new Cundey :biggrin:

Edited by Chris Sheppard
missed a word out

Cundey Systems started up after Technorton dissapeared but the main guy from Technorton is still involved -the good news is you can still buy a new Cundey :biggrin:

SORRY NO, Arthur Cundey and his two sisters ran "Cundeys" well before selling the site to a Vets as the same time selling the "Production Rights" to Technorton. The office was old fashioned and run without PC's. The firm also produce a cable extraction for the FC a very long time ago. Nice people to do business with.

I called Technorton and was told it had closed due to recession and had sold out to a firm who produced flail hedge machines. I called this firm and it was not producing at present which was a shame.

SORRY NO, Arthur Cundey and his two sisters ran "Cundeys" well before selling the site to a Vets as the same time selling the "Production Rights" to Technorton. The office was old fashioned and run without PC's. The firm also produce a cable extraction for the FC a very long time ago. Nice people to do business with.

I called Technorton and was told it had closed due to recession and had sold out to a firm who produced flail hedge machines. I called this firm and it was not producing at present which was a shame.

think we've crossed wires somewhere :biggrin: What I meant was that since Technorton have shut down cundey systems set up and still produce the models that technorton used to - only reasonably recently as this last APF was their first one.

think we've crossed wires somewhere :biggrin: What I meant was that since Technorton have shut down cundey systems set up and still produce the models that technorton used to - only reasonably recently as this last APF was their first one.

See the link:thumbup1:

Hope this avoids the confusion:001_smile:

The Forestry Journal October 2010

GOOD NEWS

• 4 weeks later...

Hello everyone I am Arthur Cundey The last member of the family to run Cundeys Ltd of Alfreton Derbyshire, not Ripley, along with my one Sister, not two. I was involved with the debarking machines for 46 years from leaving school in 1952 to retiring in 1998 when we sold the business to Technorton.

• 9 years later...