Srt help!!!

arbmansam

Nothing really, i love it soooooo much because of it customisation BUT id rather have a faster ascent on the trees and the uni is king for a toothless system. Also its nice to have other knowledge and experience in other SRT setups, not used the HH yet but would rather try one before i buy as i havent seen one in the flesh yet.

:thumbup1: Thanks.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right I'm going to be truthful now, :biggrin: I love the wrench and nothing has ever come close to how much I love it as part of my SRTWP system, now when I first saw the HH it did not appeal to me one bit! Having now seen a few setups it is really growing on me and I have now decided to buy one when I get a spare few quid! Working the tree Srt has become a great new venture for me and having used, muddled, and taken on bored loads of benefits and techniques I feel I would never work a tree in Ddrt ever again! I just don't see how it would benefit my climbing style or my work in anyway what's so ever! Some say it has its place!!!! For me I can't see how except retrieving a line from the tree!

After having very briefly used the unicender and several talks from dan Curtis and others about it I feel its just not for me! I liked it a lot and its as sexy as hell! But the hitch has me hooked and is so predictable there's only one way forward for me now and that's the hitch hiker, don't get me wrong the wrench will always have its place in my climbing bag and as Ian has said its customisation is great bonus to a well thought out, engineered, piece of revolution to the tree climbing world!

I have thought about the zigzag wrench combo but it still to me has several major flaws!

Ian once I have it you may use it or even borrow it for work for a week :thumbup1:

Watch this space:001_smile:

Edited by Adam Bourne

Right I'm going to be truthful now, :biggrin: I love the wrench and nothing has ever come close to how much I love it as part of my SRTWP system, now when I first saw the HH it did not appeal to me one bit! Having now seen a few setups it is really growing on me and I have now decided to buy one when I get a spare few quid! Working the tree Srt has become a great new venture for me and having used, muddled, and taken on bored loads of benefits and techniques I feel I would never work a tree in Ddrt ever again! I just don't see how it would benefit my climbing style or my work in anyway what's so ever! Some say it has its place!!!! For me I can't see how except retrieving a line from the tree!

After having very briefly used the unicender and several talks from dan Curtis and others about it I feel its just not for me! I liked it a lot and its as sexy as hell! But the hitch has me hooked and is so predictable there's only one way forward for me now and that's the hitch hiker, don't get me wrong the wrench will always have its place in my climbing bag and as Ian has said its customisation is great bonus to a well thought out, engineered, piece of revolution to the tree climbing world!

I have thought about the zigzag wrench combo but it still to me has several major flaws!

Ian once I have it you may use it or even borrow it for work for a week :thumbup1:

Adam you HERETIC! :w00t::lol::lol::001_tongue:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZl27v9JPsU]Single Rope Technique SRT Setup - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SpQ1AC0Ikw]ATRAES MicroFrog SRT System - YouTube[/ame]

hey man i just found these vids today, dunno if there any use to yu or if they've bin posted on the site before, i found them interesting anyways..just gettin into srt with the lad i work with, mainly for acess but i'm interested in usin a hh set up for workin off,,,i really don't like the idea of working off a base anchor tho, accidents do happen and how easy is it to cut a tensioned rope!! think i'd prefer the second set up he uses in the video but then yu don't have the rescue options of the base anchor..dunno lovin learnin new stuff anyways!!

Thanks man really appreciate these vids i have seen the first one but the second is new to me thanks again best of luck with srt

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

By all means you can adam. :thumbup1:

Right I'm going to be truthful now, :biggrin: I love the wrench and nothing has ever come close to how much I love it as part of my SRTWP system, now when I first saw the HH it did not appeal to me one bit! Having now seen a few setups it is really growing on me and I have now decided to buy one when I get a spare few quid! Working the tree Srt has become a great new venture for me and having used, muddled, and taken on bored loads of benefits and techniques I feel I would never work a tree in Ddrt ever again! :thumbup1:

Good man.

Cheers buddy ive just been thinking since ive been getting majorly curious about srt i best get savvy on the matter im really just missing a rope wrench to get me started i have just learnt tip tying with alpine butterfly and running bowline cant wait to get a wrench and play properly any more help would be great thanks again adam

Cheers buddy ive just been thinking since ive been getting majorly curious about srt i best get savvy on the matter im really just missing a rope wrench to get me started i have just learnt tip tying with alpine butterfly and running bowline cant wait to get a wrench and play properly any more help would be great thanks again adam

Get a Hitch Hiker, that'll be a great help.

sorry guys, couldn't resist:blushing: