Srt help!!!

arbmansam

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only thing that gets me with the HH is that i think the Uni is better and is exactly the same. After seeing Dans i am thinking of spending some pennies and getting one. (Ascent rate was rapid)

Yes, the HH is possibly a hitched version of the Uni but it's a lot less money to buy and maintain.

Why buy a Uni Ian? What's wrong with your ZK2?

you will hvae to start using thicker line Dan, feel the uni is great for vertical ascent but lacks the intuitiveness of a hitch for jumps swings and limbwalks for me but i have seen guys who are slick with it, The thing i like about the RW over the others is the fact that its customisable i dont have to use a pulley if i dont want i can whatever hitch i want etc just loads of options i dont have to tailor myself to the product i can tailor it to me.

Please can someone advise me on SRT setups and can u use SRT with out a rope wrench and what other kit i need for this and also would like a run through of different ways to tie in and with full explanations because i am thinking of buying a snake anchor and using it as a base tie to start with and then progress to tip tying if i have any of this ballsed up please stop me before i do myself some damage just would really like quick access then go back on to ddrt spiderjack for moving in the canopy thanks people

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZl27v9JPsU]Single Rope Technique SRT Setup - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SpQ1AC0Ikw]ATRAES MicroFrog SRT System - YouTube[/ame]

hey man i just found these vids today, dunno if there any use to yu or if they've bin posted on the site before, i found them interesting anyways..just gettin into srt with the lad i work with, mainly for acess but i'm interested in usin a hh set up for workin off,,,i really don't like the idea of working off a base anchor tho, accidents do happen and how easy is it to cut a tensioned rope!! think i'd prefer the second set up he uses in the video but then yu don't have the rescue options of the base anchor..dunno lovin learnin new stuff anyways!!

Yes, the HH is possibly a hitched version of the Uni but it's a lot less money to buy and maintain.

Why buy a Uni Ian? What's wrong with your ZK2?

Nothing really, i love it soooooo much because of it customisation BUT id rather have a faster ascent on the trees and the uni is king for a toothless system. Also its nice to have other knowledge and experience in other SRT setups, not used the HH yet but would rather try one before i buy as i havent seen one in the flesh yet.

Twelve people? Hardly representative of the srwp community

I read 24 people. But even that is not representative of the SRWP community. The contributing numbers are small for two reasons. The participating members of the TH are quite small and the poll question was aimed specifically at those that have used both, which at this point in time, remains a small segment of the SRT community.

If you take those factors into consideration, it should give viewers pause as to the relevance of why people, that have used both, would choose the Hitch Hiker over the much loved and highly functional Rope Wrench.

Dave

Edited by D Mc

... If you take those factors into consideration, it should give viewers pause as to the relevance of why people, that have used both, would choose the Hitch Hiker over the much loved and highly functional Rope Wrench. Dave

Or for that matter, other tools of proven ability, like the Uni.

Dave

I read 24 people. But even that is not representative of the SRWP community. The contributing numbers are small for two reasons. The participating members of the TH are quite small and the poll question was aimed specifically at those that have used both, which at this point in time, remains a small segment of the SRT community.

If you take those factors into consideration, it should give viewers pause as to the relevance of why people, that have used both, would choose the Hitch Hiker over the much loved and highly functional Rope Wrench.

Dave

I meant twelve who have tried both and are therefore representative in the survey. :)

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile Sup