Liston

User or dealer  

24 members have voted

1. 1. User or dealer

• Yes, Can be both
    • NO, can not be both
    • Not sure
    • Who gives a dam

My old man is a dealer of farm kit rather than arb, the size and scale of the operation seems far too big for a contractor to handle. OK if you were only selling one product the stores would'nt need to be that big but even then imagine keeping spares for even just three diferent chippers in the same range. The stores at my dad's place are huge and must contain hundreds of thousands of parts, if you were only selling a few machines a year how would you justify the expense.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dean, Carlton as a company made an offer to the bandit designer to come and work for them. So its inevitable that Carltons range of chippers will be very similar to Bandits.

FWIW, the 1260 Carlton is a much better machine than the Bandit 65. The infeed is much stronger, much better tolerances, no jamming bottom roller, Assymetrical infeed system, bigger motors.

The other big plus the carlton has is the finish. much superior to the bandit.

I'll stick my neck out here and say that the little carlton is one of the best chippers on the market.

The new Carlton is better than the 65? I bloody hope so. but does it weigh less then the frankly stupid 750kgs imposed on towing licences? How much is it? is it supported by a network of knowledgable dealers?

Yes I would by from a dealer if he also ran a contracting business, if he sold kit that I needed.

Same rule apply always, "Do I need it, can I afford it, can I buy it cheaper elsewhere, what'll it fetch when I'm done"!

Edited by PeteB
7 P's

I know plenty of dealer non users that do that.

They sell tackle and have no idea how to repair it, so I'm afraid that is not a problem specific to user/dealers.

I think you are describing rogue traders, of which there are many in every trade supplies.

BTW... you didn't answer my question, why does the 1260 you sell look suspicously similar to the bandit 65

Oh that one :001_cool: Its because one of the Bandit engineers now works for Carlton and if you want to take some large market share world wide, you don;t need to reinvent the wheel, just make it better.:001_smile:

Oh that one :001_cool: Its because one of the Bandit engineers now works for Carlton and if you want to take some large market share world wide, you don;t need to reinvent the wheel, just make it better.:001_smile:

If thats the case then I would employ an engineer that has used chippers day in day out, he should be able to refine the niggles.

Why don't carlton, as a company, pioneer radical changes rather than taking someone elses designs and tweeking them or changing bits to get round the Patents

If all you have done is stuck bigger motors and bigger pumps off the 90 onto the 65 to get the feed power up, then it's hardly ground breaking stuff, I could do that.

I find the feed power is quite adequate, it more a problem of jamming feed rollers sapping some of the hydraulic power when it would be btter used for feeding and getting more down pressure on the top roller.

Oh, forgot myself there, your a Carlton dealer not a bandit dealer.

You've obviously started this thread to have a dig at someone, therefore you should expect a bit of flack yourself

Not quite sure what you mean by that comment:confused1:

I thought I'd put it quite simply

The reason for the thread is not to dig at any one, its to find the best possible service for our industry and what the customers want.

Asking quetions does not have to be digging at any one, or is that the norm for this industry.

Ive been in the chipper industry since the early 90's and seen a lot of changes.

By the way your comments about some chippers looking the same carry's no merit what so ever. As apart from looking simulare that is where it ends on a tecnic side the machines have very diffirent construction and workings.

That is like saying why do all chain saws look the same? and so do a lot of tree from a distance come to think about it .