How would you rig this tree?

recycledsole

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would rig big n large the bits that needed over the roof infact I would probably do the whole tree if I had the ground crew to keep up with it as IMO it's the most effective and safest method. Yes step cuts and if you fancy cut n chuck but if the dz is tight then rigging out big pieces would be my way forward with the right gear and crew.... How you would do it though ?? Pick the highest limb in the DZ and use it to your advantage , tip roping , butt roping or balancing to suit the scenario... That takes time and practice and probably can't be explained with just some photos.

Hello everyone. i was really overjoyed when i read all the supportive and positive responses from you all. Thank you very much. I am not sure how you could do that tree without rigging over the greenhouse, unless you can climb up much higher than i am guessing. I have made an illustration of what i understand the advice and my idea to be. Putting a block on the left side of the tree on a tall branch over the drop zone, tying the rope to the middle of the branch im cutting on the right and having the groundsman pull as i cut in order to bring the tree away from the greenhouse side.

BIG THANK YOU!

23362_4743540920539_156932618_n.jpg

If you're negative rigging something like that and cut low enough to put enough weight in the butt to prevent the butt coming up, make sure you know exactly where it may, or may not, swing. Also, don't underestimate the weight in the tips, you need more stem than you think to keep the butt down.

I used a similar set up to bring a eucalyptus off some phone lines (there's a sketch in Adam's rigging thread somewhere). Pretensioning, lifting etc is fine but remember you're working in 3d, the cut piece could swing round the tree as well as up and down....

Take your time and have fun.