TW Help.

High Scale

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jensen bearings failing??

Thats a strange one, especially at only 300 hours work. There are only 2 reasons why that would of failed is because the bearing/s was a s**t one or the alignment of the rotor wasn't quite lined up (this is easy to check, look at the blade and anvil distance).

Hopefully woodpicker, you have a good 1000 + hours in that machine now.

Timberwolf bearings are such a downside to their machines. The small bearings on the 150's can't handle the fatigue and pure hammer put through the machines.

As the lads on here will tell you the front bearings (the 2 small bearings) are only the most common to fail. But, they are good tools.

Jensen bearings failing??

Thats a strange one, especially at only 300 hours work. There are only 2 reasons why that would of failed is because the bearing/s was a s**t one or the alignment of the rotor wasn't quite lined up (this is easy to check, look at the blade and anvil distance).

Hopefully woodpicker, you have a good 1000 + hours in that machine now.

Timberwolf bearings are such a downside to their machines. The small bearings on the 150's can't handle the fatigue and pure hammer put through the machines.

As the lads on here will tell you the front bearings (the 2 small bearings) are only the most common to fail. But, they are good tools.

chipper thru a blade i was led to beleive new bearings had been fitted @ time off new fly wheel ????????????????????????? it would appear not:mad1:

I purchased my Entec25PH direct from the factory. That was in the days when you could see them being built before towing them away. The company did a handover for the machine , running through the working and maintainance. I still remember that I was told to change the 2 small bearings every year, and the large one will last a long time and that they rarely need replacing. The small bearings cost about £ 15 a pair from my local bearing dealer. ( same brand as the originals)

I took the rotator down to a local place on Tuesday, they called today to tell me the hole for the rotator shaft was oversize, somebody, they think, must have bored a new hole through it at some time for some strange reason, they think that this had something to do with the shaft snapping, that and the incredibly blunt blades.

Tsk, tsk, mo money.

I am currently working on a Timberwolf 150DH/DHB, I have been told that the rear shaft screws into the rotor, is it a standard thread, as in right to tighten, left to loosen? Also, any tips on removing the shaft would be welcome.:001_cool:

Why don't you just contact or pm Mike, what Steve and Mike don't know about TW's isn't worth knowing