What is the biggest crane?

benedmonds

save the costs of a crane and just go for rigging it down and man handling it out it will then in turn not cost the customer as much as it seems they have already been put off with the price, we did a massive plane take down in central london no crane dragged it all though the house, it took a 5 days, it difficult but not all customers are willing to fork out lots of money if you get my drift. i have not seen the tree so i would not know.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So if it's £8k then that's 8 days for a team of four, but you get to keep all the money, rather than half going to road closure/crane etc...

Do you recon it's do-able in 8 days?

Depends how much you pay your crew for 8 days it could be 3.5-4k, breakages likely (green houses), still have to cut it into man size pieces (time/sawdust) chains to file= time, all that saw dust to clear up (1-2 days). lifting all that timber to walk out 40m+ over walls from neighbours and then into trucks, driving to the tip (time), paying(?) to get rid of it. And of course demoralising for the crew to be on one tree for 8 days, but really exciting for every one to be on it one day (pay them a bonus for doing it in one day)

It would probably work out the same costs, just one way would be loads easier.

Then you could go and earn some more money elsewhere... so in fact more profitable by the crane route.

Edited by redmoosefaction

I had plan to rig it down but we have been 3 days on it's neighbour which is as tall but only half the size. It would be a PITA to rig as the trunk is so massive and leaning the wrong way. I messed up on the quote and it is the first time in ten years I have gone back to the client and said I'm sorry I can't do it for the price I quoted.... Feel bad about it but not as bad as I would breaking by back at a loss..

I had plan to rig it down but we have been 3 days on it's neighbour which is as tall but only half the size. It would be a PITA to rig as the trunk is so massive and leaning the wrong way. I messed up on the quote and it is the first time in ten years I have gone back to the client and said I'm sorry I can't do it for the price I quoted.... Feel bad about it but not as bad as I would breaking by back at a loss..

Poplars. ... how to quote them. ..

Think of the biggest number you can think of then triple it.

You know there going to be a beeatch. Unless you can crane them;)

Adam